Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discontinued Part???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheBeast, Jul 10, 2000.

1. TheBeast

TheBeast Guest

My driver side headlight ring rusted out and fell off yesterday, and when I called to get a replacement, I was told GM doesn't make that part anymore. Any suggestions? I need this simple part to hold the bulb in place on my 79 K5.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

JC Whitney

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

If you are talking about the chrome round ring with the 3 screw holes in it that holds the entire hadlight in from the front, then go to any auto parts store and pick one up. They are universal and will fit any vehicle with the same size round headlight, they are usually packaged in the Red HELP packaging.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Go down to your local, pep boys, Autozone, Kragen or the like and find the section with all ther odds and ends parts, like window cranks shifter knobs and cigarette lighters, it used to be the HELP! section they should have one in there, thats where i found one, it is starting to rust after four years, but hey i think it was around $4, so no big loss.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"