Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

discount sux...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Nov 29, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

well for a couple of days now my motor has made a vibrating at idle. its a new motor with a mild cam in it. i shrugged it off thinking its just he cam. today comign home from work and schoool. i started makeing that wonderful ps pump whine. i think great im low on fluid. by the time i get home theres smoke, and NO power steering. i park at my shop pop the hood leave it. eat dinner come back and actually lookat it. there is a perfect circle on my fenders, hood, and front of the motor where the fluid squireted out the front seal onto the pulley and was slung everywhere:D that was REAL fun pulling outa there. in the rain and on the hot motor. and come to find out ps pumps from 88+ blazer dont work for 87- blazers:mad: argh ah well

im done buying theese from discount this pump was 2 weeks old. my friends car we put 4 on before we had one that didnt leak, actually worked, and didnt whine! From now on its central or napa

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

If it is just a leak get the seal kit for $10 and rebuild it. It takes aboot 1 hour with ripout and reinstall. I did it to mine and it works great.:D

Ira

3. broncoman6524

see the pump has a lifetime warranty...so i just gotta keep goin back and trying new ones. ARGH they said they would give me my money back...if i have the original box. which is in fact holding my core that i gave to them 2weeks ago!:mad: Atleast im getting faster at this. walking outside my house to walking back in pump in hand and all cleaned up...20 min:eek1: hahaha. the first time it was like an hour:doah: LOL oh well

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just make sure your using the pulley installer and not just driving/pressing it on the shaft.. PS pumps are real finnicky about that...

5. broncoman6524

i was using the correct tools and all...turns out that my pressure hose had had a hole rubbed into it bc it was touching my belts:doah: ah well im still an idiot LOL

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I tell people all the time that it doesn't matter if it has a lifetime warranty just go buy a quality pump and pay a little more and USUALLY have no headaches. Sure it's nice to get another replacement pump if and when it fails but how many times to do you want to keep changing the pump.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

X2 just buy a brand new one if you can afford it.