Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discouraged!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CrazeeBush, Jun 10, 2000.

1. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

I tell ya what, it gets tiring sometimes always fixing things. I've been working on my truck getting it ready for painting for a while now and since the good old Tennessee humidity has set it, it's just awful to go out and slave on this thing. So I've been getting down, but I got my second wind tonight. I was riding around and I saw a bunch of rice burners parked in a parking lot with them thinking they are all big and bad and such, and I'm ready to show my weee little town what a "Real" vehicle is all about. It's not about the stickers and all the crap you can find to put on your car. It's about classy and clean exterior, a nice livable interior, and a hoss of a motor to carry you around in. Now I'm excited about getting up early tomorrow and finishing this thing up so I can roll by and turn some heads.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

2. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

amen......light em' up once for me when your rollin'

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

what coloer I wand mine candy appel red with black raceing stripes down the hood over the caband down the back. hehe do you thank that would look nice I live in NC and know about that humidity man it is hot out there

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I agree, I was replacing a window regulator today and the humidity level was 98%! Man, I was sweating like a pig! But I got it done, and when I finish a job by myself, it makes me feel real good inside.

http://www.blazer.coloradok5.com is now under construction[​IMG]
    YEEEE HAWWWW[​IMG]

5. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

I replaced a whole tailgate today. hehehe I was realy sweating. It's not quite there yet either. I need to do a few things to get it all lined up right. Actually I need to redo it with the torque rods this time. I thought I could get away with it, and it's a bear to lift up and down. Those things make a huge difference, not to mention that this gate seems 5 times heavier than the old one? no clue why, but hey.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

6. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I hear you, I thought that except for the inner and outer fenders on my rig my truck was pretty much rust free. NOT
    I pulled out the carpet today for a different reason altogether and my stomach got tied up in knots!
    I am sick of spending my weekends on my truck just to find somthing else to spend time on. underneath the carpet I found a ton of surface rust and a few spots where the floor is rusted through. I wirewheeled the floor and cleaned everything up then spreayed on this stuff that rustoleum has out that is supposed to capsule the rust.
    I am thinking about filling the holes with epoxy they arent that big I have about 12 total and the biggest one is the size of a dime, that is on both sides of the floor.
    then putting carpet back in it and selling it for $1600, I have around $3000 into it and 1600 would pay off my line of credit for it.
    dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

7. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I hear ya Mud!Mine started smoking like a burned pig on thursday,just out of the blue.I can't get enough cash to fix it right now so I went looking at Camaros today.( Can you say FINANCE?)I'll find out Monday if I get it or not.I'm tempted to try the "For Sale" thing myself except I can't get anything out of it the way it sits now.I think it's time to start hacking sheetmetal off,Get some 40s and make it the REAL rockcrawler that I want.No more driving it everyday for me.

<font color=purple>http://cblazer81.coloradok5.com</font color=purple>

8. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

9. chevidog

chevidog Registered Member

I would definately go with the por-15 on this one. I used some rustoleum on some chevelle fenders to keep them clean until I got time to work on them-within a month they were already rusting back through the paint. Por-15 runs a lot more expensive, but like Michael said the stuff is supposed to be like magic. I've read articles about it and I'm a believer-I'm thinking about painting my whole Jimmy with it after I finish the body-bodywork sucks.

been there-broke that, and that, and that...

10. chevidog

chevidog Registered Member

I totally agree with your definition of a "Real" vehicle CrazeeBush:
    They have their A/C- We have our tops off
    They have their stereos- We have the rumble of our engines and the roar of our tires
    They have their fuel economy- We have the satisfaction of knowing we could drive right over them at any time
    They have their hot women- Wait a minute, We have all the hot women hehehe

been there-broke that, and that, and that...

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

They don't call it sweat equity for nothing guys! I can top you all so stop whinning! 2 summers ago I replaced the floors in my 75. Summer before that I had to patch the floors in my 79. Today I was welding bumpers up for the 75. Arc welders and no shirt sure takes care of that farmer tan in a hurry! Ohh yeah...I'm in Atlanta...got to love the sutry summer days!
    As for the guy with the blown enging...Hmmm $1200 for a crate motor or a car payment? Gosh you sure could do a ton of stuff to the truck if you didn't have a car payment...make the car payment to truck upgrades :) Any time you get an older vehicle your going to have periods of stuff wearing out. Once you get through that you will have years of trouble free. I have had my 79 4 years now and I have had to rebuild the front axle, Drop a crate engine and rebuild the tranny. I wouldn't think twice before hoping in that thing now and making a 4,000 mile trip. It is totaly reliable now and will be for may years. Now the wife (the 79 is her's) wants a New front clip and a paint job since it doesn't run trails anymore (thats for the 75). I guess I got my summer project now hahahaha. Anybody got about a 86 rust free front clip and doors laying around?

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

12. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Agree 100%.

13. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You replaced your floors? I need to do that! My first blazer I glued those little containers hot sauce comes in on the floor so water wouldn't splash through! Well thats why that one is a "parts car" and my other one is nicer.

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

14. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

I went through something similar this week. I came into about $5K to spend on a vehicle. I could've dumped all of it into my '79 K5 and had a nice truck, but still not very practical for a daily driver when you drive all over town all day. I also had a mental block to having $9K in a '79. So I bought a nice CJ7 for running around town and occasional wheeling, and I'll keep the K5 for hauling and serious off-roading.
    I know, I'm a traitor! [​IMG]

Blazin' in Flagstaff

15. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Humidity? Left that stuff in Houston! About the only way to feel humidity here on the Front Range of Colorado is to leave the windows closed in the bathroom when you take a hot shower.[​IMG]

According to the Weather Channel page, the current humidity in Colorado Springs is 11%. Ahhhh.[​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com