Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discussion on trip to Moab for Bazer Bash 02

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Apr 2, 2002.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Their was some discussion regading everyone that is from AZ going to Moab in AUG, getting together to meet and go over detail.

What are we going to do? Brian AKA Haulgas was looking to coordinate who is going better.

OK Brian here is your chance to shine!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I'd really like to go, but I can't make any definate plans yet.
    I'll have to wait & see what the job situation is like closer to that time, & see what I have for a tow vehicle too, since I'm planning on selling the current one

This is all providing the ringmasters don't mind a Ford being along for the ride

3. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

BTW, anyone gone after any magazine coverage on this one yet? I talked to Pewe @ Petersens a while back & he's interested in covering a local run, but I don't want to invite him out until we have more numbers. Maybe he'd be interested in something bigger such as this.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Baring problems, I'll be there.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If he wants to cover a local run, I will be home this summer to help bolster the numbers. I would really like to get a pick of my truck in a mag too./forums/images/icons/smile.gif I am hoping to get the 14bff (4.56 & welded) in asap when I get back so I can hit some more hardcore stuff too.

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

If my new projest is done I want to go, as long as you guys dont mind, it will be either a CJ8 or an old CJ (pre 67) that way I dont need emissions. Dont worry it will be chevy drivetrain though. I will put my motor, tranny, t-case, and axles from the Jimmy in it.

7. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

ACK !!!
    we lost another one...

8. DesertDueler

No I did not turn into a heep guy. All it will have is the windshield, part of the tub, and maybe the grille. Kinda like Twister. I am sure you have seen it out on the trails. Its yellow, and says GMC across the windshield. I hate towing my Jimmy, and would like to be able to drive it to the trail without getting a ticket for not being street legal.

9. DesertDueler

BTW I dint give you $hit about you having a Ford did I? I can if you would like me to /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

All it will have is the windshield, part of the tub, and maybe the grille.

<hr></blockquote>

That's about all that's left of the typical "J**p" in AZ anymore /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. DesertDueler

Yea well, like I said I dont like towing it to the trails, and I dont want to have to buy another truck to tow it to places like MOAB, I want to drive it, wheel it, then drive it home, like I use to with the Jimmy, until I rolled it. I also hate emission, and have yet to get any of my vehicles through the first time around and that drives me crazy.

12. FWP

FWP CRS

Rob, I say we meet at least 3 times over the next 5 months, to see what ideas we can come up with. Maybe one or two meets in PHX, and one up North... I think they should be exclusively held for the purpose of BlazerBash planning... We can now work out the details on ou our own AZ board/forums/images/icons/cool.gif........................My .02

13. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Fred,

I agree, if we are going to have a very large contingent attending Moab, we should work out the details before Aug. Their are some major logistics to deal with.

Meaning:

Whos trailering up
    Whos attending what days
    Whos camping whos not
    Where are we all camping
    etc etc etc.

Start a post for the first meeting date, and see what type of response we get????

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Rob

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I'm planning on going ot blazerbash, and if I can swing a trailer for it, I'll be towing the K20 burb up behind the C20 burb. that'll provide ample room for spare parts to be brought, wether my own, or anyone else who's got some that need going. that failing, I plan to just drive the K20 up, fold the seats forward, and sleep in that. I don't know how ` X-TREME' hr `OMG HARDCORE' my rig will be by then, so don't expect to see me running trails that should be rated at 6 or higher, ecept that the scale doesn't hit there. I plan to probably take more along the lines of the easier more scenic trails, since yeah rock crawling is fun, but so's trail riding for the sake of it. on another side note, mine's a 9 passenger suburban, and I'm hoping to contrive a way to fill most of those seats with beautiful women.... not likely to happen,b ut it'd be a much funner trip if I could.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif also, if I don't get a springer suspension `Wackey shackle' kit installed on my truck, I'll prolly be able to tow a vehicle up behind me, for a cut of the fuel costs....

as for bringing a ford and a heep? why not? if anyone gives you any crap, fine. I've seen your beast of a cab/chassis and its proven itself. and although I havn't seen your heep yet, the greatest improvement for most any heep is to put a full chevy driveline under it, including the fullsized axles. if anyone's still predjudiced against any particular brand of vehicle, please wake up. but, if someone brings a stock say samurai, or RAV 4, and gets it wedged on the trail, you deserve every piece of mockery, and name calling that gets thrown at you for bringing something uncapable, and trying to play with the big boys.

-Rich

15. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

well, I'd be trailering, &amp; going that far, I'm going to stay as long as possible. Hopefully by then I'll have a van instead of a pickup, so I'll be sleeping there (that's the plan, 1 ton big block conversion vans aren't real easy to find though)

16. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

1 ton conversion van? seen a 1 ton chevy 4x4 explorer conversion in the auto trader... it was something like a 76-79 vintage, and the guy wanted I htink 2500 for it... I'll see if I can't find it again.

-Rich

17. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Trailer! I drove my K5 last year and I'm driving there for the Blazer Bash. I love to here the sound of Swampers clawing at the asphalt for 500 miles. I think I lost a 1/4" of tread on that trip. I thinkin' about leavin the top and doors off this time! I'll have to watch the Road Warrior several times before I leave to get in the right mind set. The bad part about driving is you worry about breaking.
    Who all's camping there?

18. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I think I'd prefer it not to be 4x4 actually... don't matter right now though, have to sell the Dodge before I can start seriously looking.

19. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I might be in for Moab. I am debating life right now, and I am thinking about going to UTI, so I would be in Phoenix next August instead of CO. I got lots of stuff to get done this summer, but I might be a go. If I don't go back to college, I am in for sure. My buddy has already signed on as my spotter so we will see what happens this summer.

20. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

if i'm ready to go i should be driving up from tucson. i don't beleave in trailers. i'll be cutting it close. i'm working in Ca all summer to get some money together for junkie and i'm going to need to buy everything and put it in in time for the run. well see.