Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

disk brake conversion ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MUDNUTT, Apr 12, 2002.

1. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

did a search but didnt find anything. on a 14ff disc conversion what calipers do you use? will the calipers off my old 10 bolt work?

2. dman69

dman69 Registered Member

if you go and look at the offroad.com website under the chevy section there is an article in the product section that lists a company that makes disc brake conversion kits for a 10 12 and 14 bolt gm and dana's

3. gtkustoms

gtkustoms 1/2 ton status

from what i have read you can use your 10 bolt calipers they are the same as a dana44

or caddy eldorado years 76-78

4. ca89blazer

ca89blazer Registered Member

I used 10 bolt calipers on my rear disk. Rear disk is a sweat mod you'll like it a lot

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have 10 bolt calipers on my 14 bolt. reason i did this(it is a one in a billion chance) is so if i rip a front line off i can cap of a rear and use it up front. the dana 60 and 10 bolt have the same banjo fitting. the dana 44 is different. it is just the threads. thats all.
    grant

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Do the Caddy Calipers have a provision for an ebrake? I was hoping to keep an ebrake with the disc swap.

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Yes...the caddy calipers have a e-brake built into them. That is why everyone is willing to fork over the big $$$ for them.

8. Hossbaby50

How much do they run, and will they bolt up to the disc conversion brackets for sale? Also will they work with D44 rotors?

Also I have heard you need calipers off a 76-78 el dorado. Is this the correct years? Also I am assuming that these are rear calipers, as in these cars were 4 wheel discs so thats why they have the ebrake. Am I right?Thanks

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Yes, they are rear Eldorado calipers. They are around $100 each, depending where you buy them. Look out for core charges, also. 76-78 are for 14 bolts. 79-84 (smaller) are for 12 & 10 bolts.

You could use 10 bolt front calipers, which are cheaper, but no e-brake.

10. Hossbaby50

What do I have to do to get my current ebrake setup to work on the El Dorado calipers? Thanks

Harley