Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disk Brakes - Mudzer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nike, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Nike

Nike Registered Member

Mudzer - Have you completed your rear disk brake project yet? Did, or are, you going to use the small GM caliper with the TSM mounting bracket? I also wondered what TSM meant in their catalog when they said a modified GM truck rotor was to be used with the small GM caliper.
    Are they grinding the 1 1/4 " rotor to 1"?? I called them and they are closed for vac. Nike in Mo.

Blue

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Yes I do have the TSM brake conversion finished. I used the Small GM E-Brake Caliper from a 79-85 Eldorado. I have not purchased my e-brake cables for this setup yet but I plan to buy some from Custom Cable Co. I will measure the rotors on my truck and let you know what they are. That will give you an indication on how they are modified, if you know how thick the factory rotors are. Are you in Columbia area? If so, I can stop by and show you the disks sometime. I would recommend just buying the brackets from TSM then buying the rotors, and calipers. Much cheaper. Or, at least buy the rotors and brackets from TSM and get the caddy Calipers at a junkyard. In fact, if you cant find any caddy calipers around you, I for sure can get some 79-85 calipers for you. You can either use them if they are good, or use them for cores ($80 at Autozone). I payed $15 each for mine. NOt bad at all. Email me at neilmarietta@toast.net

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>