Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dismantling a burb...usefull parts maybe?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Sep 2, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

my dads friend bought a 82 2wd burb that had no engine(but came with a 6.2 originally). he just wanted the front clip,hood,doors,rear seat,and carpet. today me and a guy he knew took that thing apart. got all the parts he wants off. the rest of it is ours. which got me to thinking.. hey i could use some of this stuff! well not much of it. but the rest i could at least make money off of. main things i wanted to look at were the 2wd steering box, dual exhaust(looks very similar to a small block i have my fingers crossed:dunno: ), the a/c stuff, sound deadening, and anything yall think of! and i was thinking that i might get some good scap metal money from the 5 lug 10 bolt!:D i just want to use the dual exhaust,well only the pipes that bolt up to the manifolds, i havent checked but it looks like it might fit???and if it does..:bow: ... i wont have to buy headers when i lift my truck!!!!!!!!!!!!(again), then i want to try and get my a/c working with a combo of parts from the two. and put the sound deadening stuff in... the dash cap is in very good shape only a few cracks, but i think my brother wants that. i already took the steering column and redid it.(put it in the blazer)...

so if there are any other parts yall think i should look at before we roll this one out to pasture speak up! well ill still be able to get parts for a while but it would be easier right now. as its right behind our barn where all the tools are.

** if anyone knows if the exhaust might bolt up to the manifolds on a sbc let me know.. the angles are the same but i havent taken my exhaust off to see yet.:thinking: **

ok well i guess thats a long enough post. so anyone that wants to. speak up
    thanks -sam-

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

exhaust works...

I've been told the exhaust will fit,but may need "tweaking",by a few of my friends that put 350's in blown up 6.2 trucks..I think the flanges on the pipes might be different,I'm not sure...but the pipes line up with gas manifolds...:crazy:

3. Supreme70

Supreme70 1/2 ton status

I am wondering if the frame mounts are still on the frame for the 6.2??? If they are I would to get them from U. let me know. thanks in advance.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I once took dual exhaust from a 6.2L van and installed it on my '91 crew w/350tbi and ram's horn manifolds. Driver side fit like a glove. Passenger side fit the manifold, but had to be reworked considerably to clear the front axle.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Lets keep "parts wanted" in the classifieds forums please...

Rene

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

is the hydroboost system still intact? that could be desirable.

7. blazeonchevy

sorry but the mounts are gone.
    i was wondering... what is the transmission that was most likely put in this... its an automatic. but i have no other info (overdrive, stock tranny?, etc..) because from what i heard the engine blew up so they took it out and parked it. the tranny may be good so it would be nice to know what kind it is.

8. blazeonchevy

:thinking: im not sure.... ill go out there later

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

dash...

Look at the dash if its still there--if it says "P-R-N-D-L" its probably a TH400--it has a modulator sticking out of the case near the bellhousing on the passenger side..a 700R4 will have a circle around the "D" in drive on the indicator...not sure if TH350's were ever put behind a 6.2,they will have the modulator in back,near the driveshaft--a 700R4 has none..:crazy:

10. blazeonchevy

just put the exhaust in...:saweet: .. it is wayyyyyy to much fun driving around with straight pipes! next stop muddrags! nah im kiddin but i gotta wait till tomorrow to get another muffler:( maybe even tuesday... so if i have to drive it i might as well see how many "wtf?" looks i get.:haha: i must admit i am a redneck at heart..

11. k204dr

k204dr 1/2 ton status

the mounts are the same between the 6.2 and 350. some years were bigger, but the engines will interchange onto the mounts no problem. the exhaust will bolt right up, but if its from a 2wd, you might have to clearance something. I bolted a 350 right in my 84 when i robbed the 6.2 for my crewcab.