Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disney pics-10/25/03

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Oct 28, 2003.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Looks like fun and you got some good pictures too.
    Is it just me, or is there no pictures of the 1st gen on 44's that was mentioned?
    -Andrew
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

That yellow Blazer w/ the Rockies is on 44's, that truck just makes them look small /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Damn the luck, I drove (woohoo ) my truck home last night. Looks like a good time. Open diff's are the shiznitz /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Open diff's are the shiznitz

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA, you can say that again /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

What do you mean? With half ton gear and cheap Pop Right's in the axles - Disney makes them Open again for the drive home! Ask me how it drives for 6.5 hours! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Aww yes, I think I remember the sound the Pop Right made when it let go (MWK5T2002, right?). Diz also has a way of rearranging sheet metal and adding creases (grab handles /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) to the seat fabric.

John

7. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

Ah yes the memories... sounded like it had the hiccups, every 100 yards *pop* /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Yes it was 2002!

I sheared all of the pins off in the locker and didn't even bother to check it till I got home. That locker is still in service though. I gave it to Blake Duren here in Columbia. I had to weld up some of the pin holes where it broke out, but it works! He bought some new springs and pins for it.

It actually let go on the Night run which took us through Ho Chi Minn, we turned at John's Crack onto Yeller Monster, then back onto Ho Chi Minn near the Half Pipe. We then ran the Extension backwards!

That's where Layne, Todd and I just shut our eyes and drove by bouncing off trees! I was still manual in those days too! The trail that goes from Ho Chi Minn into the Extension is pretty hairy in a fullsize. You could walk under my front tire (or Laynes and Todds) at several given times!