Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Disney Pics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChadH82, Aug 5, 2001.

1. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Here are some pics. I was hoping to get more but I lost my 32 meg digital camera card. I only got 28. Everything went great! There was lots of great wheeling and not much carnage.

<a target="_blank" href=http://members.aol.com/fileholder02/tpdiz.html>http://members.aol.com/fileholder02/tpdiz.html</a>

Chad

2. ROCKBUGGYK5

ROCKBUGGYK5 1/2 ton status

guess which one is mine, theres a little peak for ya steve

ROCKBUGGY K5 38S LOCKED AND CHOPPED

3. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Rockbuggy: I think your rig would be a lot easier to steer if you did a crossover setup. Isn't that thing near impossible to steer with the front locked up? Just wondering.

Chad

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Hey ChadH82, did you get any pics of the stock black K5? I didn't see any on your website, but some of them didn't load either. Thanks
    88K5Jimmy

5. ROCKBUGGYK5

yes the steering is near impossible to turn as is, so i put it in 2 wheel drive low while turning, i already have an appointment for full hydro steer now

6. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

88K5: No. My friend's took most of the pictures. The one's on the web site are all I have. If they don't load right click on them and click show picture. They should work that way. If they don't let me know which one's don't show up.

Chad

7. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Layne will love the one were his 1/4 got kissed. The rail frame k5 is a good start Adam. The steering needs help but it sounds like you have that covered. The only other thing is the wiring which most of whats there you dont need any more.

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Here's another pic from Disney !

www.geocities.com/rizmonkey

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK, we need more pics of the rock buggy and the yellow 72 with rockwells, you guys have been holding out on me again.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

10. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I have in-laws in Tulsa. Where is Disney from there? I usually go there around X-mas. Is it open in the winter? Send me any info you have on this place.......please.

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"

11. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

Moab: Go to this web site. It was the web site for our trip <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com/Disney.htm>http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com/Disney.htm</a>

Chad

12. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Steve you were invited come and play! You xhould ask Layne about his night run in the yellow 72. It was trail leader had 44 and hydr steering was very cool.

13. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Try and find moreout about that older K5 w/Rockwells. That think looks pretty kick arse. Think i might need to start looking at more DRMO auctions for non-running 2 1/2 tons just to get the axles.

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

15. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Is it on the Grand Lake of the Cherokee (or something like that?)Is that the place where they sound a warning alarm like 20 minutes before they open the flood gates?

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"

16. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I would like to ask all who took photos at Disney Oklahoma this past weekend to forward them to me or post them on a website like <a target="_blank" href=http://www.webshots.com>www.webshots.com</a> or a site similar to Chad's. Thanks all for attending. I wish we all could have had more time to shoot the breese. I did not get to talk to very many of you. I will get a trail report started soon and posted on my site. Steve, if you would like to post a trail report, I will forward you a link after it's finished. Email photos to neilmarietta@toast.net We still have decals left from this event, if you would like a decal or two, they are $4 each and we can mail them to you.

Now, a little info on the Yellow First Gen Blazer owned by Steve S. If my memory is correct, this K5 has 2.5 ton rockwells with 6.72 gears front and rear. Rear dif is welded, front has detroit. Wheelbase has been extended up front and the whole package rides on BDS springs. Rear has been bobbed 18" total. Departure angle is near 90 degrees! The tires are 44" swampers on custom MRT beadlocks with centers made by Steve. With the inboard disks, the rig stops on a dime! It has a smallblock with TBI fuel injection, NP205 Transfer Case and TH350 tranny. This truck can cross the bottomlands at Disney (very bumpy) at near 90 MPH speeds and cruised the trails on the midnight run at no less than 30mph!! - Right Layne? [​IMG] Steve checks out this site and will hopefully register a username soon. He can tell you more about his rig. Perhaps, we can get him to do a feature article on it! So, all you contemplating buying a D60 frontend, why spend $1500 plus on that frontend when you can buy a set of rockwells for $900!!! I tell you, I was dreaming about those axles while driving 6.5 hours back to St. Louis...

Later all!!!

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</font color=blue>

17. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Good looking pics! I will add mine when i get them back for the photo shop!

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by WakeBoard&4X4er on 08/06/01 07:41 AM.</FONT></P>

18. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: Disney Pics - One more thing

Hey guys, one more thing. In order to include everyone in the trial report, I would like to ask all who attended to email me with your vechicle information, COK5 username, email address, etc. Also, give a brief description of the obsticals you tried at Disney. The weekend was so busy, I didn't get a chance to watch everything so writing a trail report would not have everyone involved. Send me this info and Ill have something posted this week. Thanks all.

neilmarietta@toast.net

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</font color=blue>

19. ROCKBUGGYK5

COME AWN GIVE STEVE SOME MORE PICS OF MY BUGGY, I KNOW SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE PICS OF MY ATTEMP AT LITTLE BLUE

20. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Sorry I was to busy pulling you out at the end to take a Photo.