Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dist Cap Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Jul 10, 2001.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Question here is... how do I get the freaking thing back on? I took it off the change the rotor and put a new cap on... however, I feel really dumb here... I can't get it back on for anything. Should it be this hard? I wonder if I have the wrong freaking size cap....? It was from Pep Boys.... but is there a trick to it I dunno? If there is could someone share it with me before I end up breaking this one... thanks! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Make sure all the "L" brackets are pointed out. You may just have to push down hard on the brackets to turn them also. Also, this happened last time I had it off, make that there are no wires sticking out blocking the cap from going on, I know it sounds dumb but it happened to me [​IMG]

Murphy's Laws on Life:
    "A bird in the hand is worth three Kleenex."

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, what he said, i've done that too, plus make sure its going on in the right position, its got that little tab that fits into the slot in the edge of teh dist, to index it, make sure its not turned, i've done that too,

RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ha ha ha... I'm a retard. I turned the screws out and boom went on in like 2 minutes... sometimes I wonder how I can walk and talk at the same time! [​IMG] Thanks guys!

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.