Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

distribers v8

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramjet gmc, Aug 19, 2005.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i gat a call from my brother in law are distribers the same like will a 350 work on a 327 i know little on this
    next is i need 1 for a 327 and i need to find this out before i go on the hunt :D

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

All distributors are the same as far as fit with the exception of the 366 and 427 tall deck BB which use a longer distributor due to the .400" taller deck.

All points distributors are the same, all HEI distributors are the same if they have a 4 pin control module but when you get into the 7 pin control module there are many different modules. There is also a large cap HEI and a small cap HEI but regarding your question, you may replace a distributor with anything other than a 366 or 427 tall deck distributor. :thumb:

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

4x4 High is right...

What he said!!...the only other ones that WONT work besides the "tall block" big block ones are the 348 and 409 motors..they are shorter!--you CAN use an HEI in a 348/409 if you have collar/spacer sleeve custom made at a machine shop,in case anyone is wondering.. :crazy: