Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Distributor Parts

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by POFF, May 13, 2002.

1. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

I pulled my distributor this weekend to install a Pertronix Ignitor. The thing is trashed! I think I can get bushings and seals fairly easily. My concern is the cam plate. The two pins that hold the advance weights are shot. Does anyone know if the numbers that are stamped on the shaft and the cam plate are of any significance? The shaft is stamped "35" and the cam plate is stamped "728 CCW". I imagine the CCW stands for Counter Clock Wise. Does anyone have a cam plate with the 728 CCW stamp that they would part with? or a #1111500 distributor with good guts?

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good time to swap in a HEI.

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

is it the stock distributor you're talking about. i think i have 2 laying around. I'll check tonight.

ARQ.

4. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

I thought about HEI but the stock distributor is all ready right up against the firewall. I don't think I could get an HEI in.

Thanks ARQ. Yes, it's stock. Appreciate it.

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Brian,

i found the distributor, kid of. it's in my box of stuff that i may never use but kept. It's the original from a 72 blazer, if you want it you can have it. I do go to san diego once in a while, not sure how bad you need it though. it wont be a while before i go up there.

ARQ.

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

If you want to spend some $$ and upgrde to elctronic with out using a bigg HEI dist. then get a MSD 8360 Ready-To-Run dist. They are the sae size as our old stock points dist. Heck I think they use the same cap!

7. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

I may have to do a whole dist. swap but I all ready spent $60 on an electronic conversion kit. It's been too long to return it. I'm not ready to give up just yet. If I buy a new one I'm out $60 and the new distributors are around $200. Unfortunately this project was not in the budget.

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have a HEI in mine (installed by the PO). The plastic ring that holds all the spark plug wires on (the part most people jsut throw away) rubbs on the firewall but I haven't yet broke the cap form frame/body flex (even without front body mounts!). I don't think I could take it out without taking off the cap.

9. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

After about 10 autoparts stores I found a rebuilt with the right cam plate. I'm going to take it apart and rebuild mine. Core was only $4 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. I pretty much only use my truck for wheeling and I don't want to chance smashing an HEI into the firewall. I think an aftermarket distributor would have been the best bet but I have a $60 igntion kit, new cap and rotor all ready. Thanks for the help guys!!!!