Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ditch axle retaining rings on 82???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigJohnson, Jan 20, 2002.

1. BigJohnson

BigJohnson 1/2 ton status

I'm swapping my auto hubs over to warn manuals and they will not fit unless I remove the axle retaining ring and washer. The instructions say its ok to go without them and you may have to on 81-84 models. Has anyone removed these rings without any problems?? I am pretty sure I will have to go without them but just want to make sure I'm not misreading the instructions.

Thanks,
    Jordan

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

On my 90 I had to remove the washer that normally goes between the hub unit and the end of the spindle. I guess they call that and axles retainer ring. But I have had no problems yet. The reason you have to remove I assume is that the instructions say you need to have some in and out slack with the hub?

Still hoping the GOV'T will ban the use of loud stereos with RAP music. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mccords.s5.com/myk5/index.htm>NashvilleK5</a>