Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

divorce style choke mounting screw help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Sep 29, 2002.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

does anyone have or know what diameter and threads the screw is that holds the auto choke coil assembly(divorced style rod linkage choke) down to the intake manifold on a 71 or so intake ?
    i need one badly right now and i have been trying some different screws laying around and nothing is working. if anyone has one then please lemme know.,

*not meaning black round cover style auto choke, im meaning the intake manifold mounted kind of auto choke*

thanks

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

mine was a real course thread sheet metal type of screw. basically self tapping, not anything that required tapped threads..

mike

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

but the threads in the intake are tapped, but i have no idea to what size and diameter, i dotn know what GM tapped threads to in these.

i was told elsewhere that they are #10 and 32tps...

i need to find one or find out what size exactly.

thanks!

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i need to mount this thing before i get pissed and blow the damn truck up, ive tried #10 with 32 tpi and a 3/16" with 24 tpi and neither wil thread in, somebody soemwhere has to have one screw laying around or know what the hell threads they are in the intake...

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey Randy, it's an 8-32 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I got the head of one laying on the floor in my garage would that help? the rest is stuck in the intake /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I fixed it right though. 2cent screw broke so time for an upgrade to a newer carb from about 76-78 and converted to electrick choke. It works SO MUCH better than the divorced set up /forums/images/icons/smile.gif