Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

divorced 205 help driveline angles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, Dec 21, 2001.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

How much will a divorced 205 help with driveline angles? Enough to look for one?
    I believe it would make the front better(longer) and the rear shorter. Just curious.

Just keeping all options open.

Ken H.

'86 K5 in parts
    1-ton 44 TSLs
    454 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I just know that if you have one of those on a Blazer and some lift, your rear shaft angles are going to be very extreme.

All the divorced case is going to do is sit away from the tranny and allow for a longer front shaft with better angles.
    The rear shaft, however, will be even shorter than the stock shaft. Almost too short that binding will occur. I'm not even sure if the shafts by Jess (High Angle Driveline) would be sufficient to help the angles for a set up like this.

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

This is about what I figured. The more I thought about it, the more I answered my own question.

Ken H.

'86 K5 in parts
    1-ton 44 TSLs
    454 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I have a divorced 205 that I plan to use in my Suburban (12" National springs). I think I can make it work with a long enough rear shaft, and long enough front shaft to where I don't have to spend $850 for an 80 degree front driveshaft. I will drop the 205 down a bit, and clock it also. Now if Steve at ORD would just come out with a rear yoke kit for a 203 range box, I would really be stylin'!!

ken

5. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

Divorce T-case will help

We're running a 12" suspension lift plus a ton ton frame and have no rear drive line problems at all with 106.5 " wheelbase

As said , drop the t-case.

You have an extra driveshaft which is easier than changing the adaptor.

We use to blow the adaptor with the mated t-case.

All said and done, we run horsepower which will stress everything. If you're runing moderate power , you won't have a problem.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.whiteknight.scriptmania.com/>http://www.whiteknight.scriptma
    nia.com
    </a>