Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

divorced unit

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jan 19, 2001.

I have a divorced 205 from a dodge and a 203 from a 350 chevy tranny. Is it possible to create a divorced crawler with these parts? Will I need anything more or different? thanks

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

This kind of depends on what transmission you have. The best way to do a divorced Doubler is to mount both cases together and divorce them from the trans. In that case you would need a married version of the 205, or machine yours to be a married version.
    Ford used a divorced 203 in the late 70's, so you could use an input gear from one of those cases, or figure out another way to hook a driveshaft up to that female input gear in the 203.
    We have had some interest in putting a yoke on the back of the 203 gearbox and will probably look into that later this year, and at that point if you had a 203 married to the trans, you could divorce the 205 and be done.
    Hope this helps, the options are kind of confusing at first!
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Stephen, I was hoping you would say that...regarding the install of a yoke on the back of a 203 range box, thus allow a divorced 205 to be mounted further back to give guys like me with 13" of National spring lift on a 129" wheelbase Suburban ample front driveshaft without having to go with the $850 80 degree front shaft. I'd much rather spend money on a doubler which would also solve my front driveshaft problem!!

ken

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

May have to consider it more seriously then!
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD