Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Divoriced NP205?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SchnorrCS, Nov 5, 2006.

1. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

I understand these are not bolted directly to the tranny. I have a 350 with an np 203. What all would I need to work this? Thanks alot guys...

cS

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You'd need a 2wd transmission, then you'd need to fab the mount, shifter linkage, and have 3 driveshafts made.

However, all that said, it might be cheaper and easier to go with a married TH350/NP205 combo, esspecially in a K5. The longbox pickups and burbs that are lifted a great deal benefit from a divorced 205, as it reduces the driveshaft angles, but in a super short rig, the rear shaft can become too short.

3. SchnorrCS

SchnorrCS 1/2 ton status

kinda what I was thinkin, but it would be kinda cool to have somethin a little different

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yep, thats understandable!

I had every intention of going divorced 205 on my truck, and even bought a case, but wound up not using it in favour of a married setup.

If you were not so far away, I'd give you a good deal on my 205, but shipping from Alberta to California would be insane, lol

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Well, you COULD put a divorced '205 on the rear output of your 203 for a Doubler :haha:

OTOH, you'd have a miserably short rear driveshaft, an excessively long front one, and more exhaust routing and crossmember issues than I wanna think about :eek1: :rolleyes:

Keep your '203 as the front end of your Doubler, and just get an appropriate '205 (prolly TH400, but whatever.)

-- A

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

If I catch the spirit of you question.... are you speaking of dual cases with only driveshafts between them?

It would work best if you can find an arrangement where the married t-case
    hangs to opposite side; then have the divorced case drive the front axle. ;)