Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dixe Run CK5 Tellico Run!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Depdog, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

O.k. folks, since I was not up to organizing a CK5 run at Tellico this year, how about we do it during the Dixie Run. That way we all get together, have a great time and get in some awesome wheeling. The money goes towards a great cause and its a blast. We kinda did it last year. Had 7 or 8 K-5's do the same trail on Saturday.

Anybody interested, add a post. Also post how capable your rig is, if you can handle some dents and dings, stuff like that, also if you have a winch, lockers what size tires. This way we know if we need to try and set up two different rides. Keith and I, (dont know about Grim and BigJBear, being that they are Georgia Bounty Runners, not RENEGADES!!!) like the more hardcore trails. So add yours posts and we'll go from there.

For those of you that dont know what the Dixie Run is, here is a link to it

http://www.sfwda.org/calendar.html#dixierun

Its the first weekend of October, the 4th through the 6th.

The site will have registration information up in another month or so.

Depdog /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

I'll be there, keith and I talked about it, and I think my rig(I know it will be done), this will be the first real run for the truck, its a k-10 383/th-350/np205/dana 70 front lincoln locked/14bff rear detroit/4.56 gears/full hydro steering/6 inch lift spring front,2 in springs rear + 4 inch shackle flip/ 39.5 tsl front/39.5 boggers rear. Lets see dents I think I can spare a few, capability well I don't know I am a ok driver, I still belive its not the rig its the driver, no winch yet. Hopefully before the run I'll have the back bobbed and a flatbed installed. Jesse

3. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

man i missed hangin with you guys last year...really would like to do the dixie run this year.

first i broke the transfer case then i got the internship in orlando...so no k5 all summer! good news is i secured a 205, fixed yoke, 456 r&p, doors and windows, and a co-pilot...cute little thing. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif so count me in!

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Count me in, I will definitely be there. I can't wait to ride with some more K5's. I did meet a local K5 guy this weekend. Told him about CK5, hopefully he will become a member. I am going to talk him into coming to the Dixie Run also.

Mike

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

As of now, I'll be there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif You know I don't mind getting dented up!
    Locked front & rear, with a winch, 39.5"s on Hummer beadlocks....
    Boss

6. Mr.Chevy4x4

Oops! Forgot to mention abilities. My truck is very capable but my driving skills are still a work in progress! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I am locked in the rear but open in the front unless I can come up with a power lock. I don't have a winch but I plan to have one by then. I am in the process of a cage build so I don't have to worry too much about a roll-over. I would rather not destroy my truck, but I do plan on having a good time and trying some tougher trails. I also plan on having 38.5x14.5 TSL SX's by then.

Are most planning on camping??? Or other accomodations?

Mike

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Will it be overgrown? I don't want to get any scratches on my paint job. Will 30 inch A/T's be ok? Will it be paved off roading or will it be gravel? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Depdog

Most everybody camps, its like 3 or 4 big fields that they rent and set up a vendors row, as well as have GREAT BBQ on Saturday night. They have a raffle where they give away quite a bit of stuff.

Grim, I dont think you can make it up trail 1 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif (the gravel road leading in and out), there were 3 or 4 rollovers on it alone last year.

Any trail suggestions, should we do 9 agian, or go for something else. What we did last year was everybody went for the earliest trail 9 run on Saturday, that usually starts at 8 a.m. They change the ride numbers every year, so we just have to decide what trail we all want to do and pick the earliest time for that trail. That way we can all be on the same ride. If you dont have a winch, we can get by with a couple folks like that by sandwiching them between people with winches. Thats what we did last year.

Oh yeah, bring PARTS!

Depdog

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I had a blast on 9 and would do it again if everyone wants to. Just a heads up for those who want to go w/ us, last year I had the smallest tires (BFG M/T 35x12.50s) of any one on our ride-that includes Jeeps not just K5s. I also think I was one of a few who wern't locked in the front. If we do 9 its billed as "winch mandatory" ride, but if you sign up real late you can squeek in w/o one-right Rob?
    My sepcs: 350,TH350,NP203(I might swap the 205 in by then)10B fr (hopefully locked by then), 12B rr w/Detroit, both w/ 4.56s on 35s-I got some rims w/ more offset so no more filling the wheelwells w/ treestumps. Also no more taillights to break.

10. Mr.Chevy4x4

Hey Jim, if you decide to go with a 205 I have the complete setup for you. I have a turbo 350 that has just been rebuilt, 350/205 adapter, fixed output 205, shifter, and a new High Angle Driveline front shaft that I need to sell since I just put the turbo 400/doubler in my truck. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Mike

11. Depdog

MrChevy, drop me an email at viveiros@bellsouth.net on the pricing for that setup. I may have to switch in order to run a doubler down the road.

Thanks
    Depdog

12. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

i've got three months and i hope i can make it to a big run i've been working on the thing for the past six years and i'm only 21 but i think i can hold my own. it will sure be nice to see all the guys i talk to on here. i'm running 38.5 but by that time i'll have 40 boggers. sweet. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

13. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Okay now for the Best news!! On Friday they have a Rockcrawling competition on a trail with cones and points. Started on fri. morning at 8:00 last year. I will be entered this year. So any others interested? Come on you one ton guys!! Lets get alot entered. Any takers? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Darnit I need to get my truck finished! I'll try to go with you guys next year.
    If anybody got any miracles laying around I could use one to get my truck done buy then. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

15. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Good Luck Keith! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I would enter, but I'm not sure when I'm going to be there...I probably won't be able to leave here until Friday morning like last year, 13+ hour drive for me....I'll know more as the time get's near though, so I'm not ruling anything out...

16. bigjbear

Mr. Chevy, thanks for the offer but I've already got one. Its in the '80 I drove last year. I just need to decide if I want to swap it over, do a doubler, or put in something else. If I lock the front I am thinking about keeping the 203 so I have 2-LO.

17. Depdog

Jim, if you are wanting just rear wheel 2wheel lo, I have that in my 205, no shift rail mod required, just pull the shifter and the piece that ties the two shift rails together. Two minutes with a ziss wheel and put it back in, you can now to rear wheel 2 low and back to 4 low at will.

Depdog /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. Mr.Chevy4x4

If you go with the doubler you can do 2 lo. That is one of the reasons I went with the doubler, and the other reason was to help out my 4.10 gears!

19. bigjbear

Depdog, I forgot all about that. Since I have always been open in the front I never really needed the 2 LO. You just move the shifter sort of back and forth in the normal 4 LO spot, right? Thanks for the reminder.
    One more "?" Are you running a Lock-right in the front? I know Keith is and his has held up well. If yours is the same type and still working well I think that is what I am going to use too.

20. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i have had the lockrite in for about two years now...no problems. sooo easy to install! with locked front that 2 lo will be nice for tight turns too. gonna have to find out more about the shift positions when i get my 205 installed.