Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dixie Chicks Concert!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Esteban86K5, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

The wife and I just got tickets to go see the Dixie Chicks, Trisha Yearwood, Dwight Yoakam and Emmylou Harris in concert on Tuesday night. Pretty damn exciting. The wife is counting down the hours and minutes. She's been wanting to see them for a while. Anyone else ever seen them in concert? Is the show awesome. I guess I'll let you know how it goes on wednesday.

BE <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue> BUY <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue>!!!!

So Cal Big Dawgs are coming to a wheeling spot near you!!

2. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

How did they get 4 mainstagers together for a concert? This is like the Brooks and Dunn Circus and Wild West Show, lotsa main stage acts...

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?
    I want people to know why I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way and
    some of the roads weren't paved.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats[​IMG]

wheeling pics

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Seen the Dixie Chicks... I love them period, but they were great in concert... Dwight is ok... he sounds better on CD though (although when he sings fast as you he sounds good!)... Trisha Yearwood is great too! Never saw Emmylou, but I do like her! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Heck, that's a great lineup minus the Flixie B*tches. Congrats!!!!

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

6. Esteban86K5

It's being called the concert for artists rights. I guess it's a charity concert. They are 2 going on the same day. The other one has the Eagles and a couple of others. That is the one I really wanted to go to, but Barb has been extremely patient with me lately cause I've been working on my truck constantly, so I decided it would be best to go to this one.

BE <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue> BUY <font color=blue>AMERICAN</font color=blue>!!!!

7. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Haven't seen them, but the lead singer is from lubbock, tx. Anyway sounds like a good show, hope you enjoy it

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

8. speedy

speedy 1/2 ton status

I've seen them. Last summer. They weren't that great but that's just my opinion. Hope your wife enjoys it. Have fun!

I LOVE YOU AJ!!! Til we meet again. ~Michelle

9. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

The wife and my 7 year old daughter saw the Chicks this past summer. My baby got to give them flowers at stagefront and got finger picks from the one sister who plays banjo. She was "SLIGHTLY" happy. LOL!! Keeping them as souvenirs.

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

10. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

So..............How was it?

Hope you and the wife had fun.

See Ya,
    Keith

"Your just mad cause the voices only talk to me."

11. Esteban86K5

Oh yeah..........It was great. Why didn't I get into country music before I got married.[​IMG] There were ALOT of tight jeans wearing women there. Oh and the concert was good too.[​IMG] Actually Trisha Yearwood and the Dixie Chicks were my favorites. Emmylou Harris was a bit slow for my taste and Dwight Yoakum was just to plain hick for me. I guess I like what's called the NEW country music. Actually I just started listening to it about 4 months ago so all I know IS the new stuff. Anyways, the wife had a great time and that is what's improtant. Although I do have tio say that listening to "Traveling Soilder" live, rather than on the radio was a tear jerker. Sniff Sniff...........I mean......GRUNT GRUNT GRUNT it was cool.[​IMG]