Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dixie Run was a BLAST

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Oct 2, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, got back Sunday afternoon and it was a total blast. Did trails 4,5, and 9, most folks consider 9 to be the 2nd hardest trail there, wont fit on some of the others and still got some body damage on 9. Got lots of pics, have to get film developed. Have some digital and will put them up sometime in the next 2 days. Broke off the rear tire carrier, metal fatige and some good shots off rocks did it in. Gonna make it a little stronger this time.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Glad to hear it was a Blast Dep. Wish I was there. I hope everyone else from CK5 had a great time too and didn't break many parts. Can't wait to see pics.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

3. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

Hey Depdog, I was glad I got to meet you and Grim this weekend. I went up Wednesday and rode Thurs. with my local club members and had the best time. We took trail 6 to 7 to 8 then on to 9,(I agree-lower 2 may be harder but slickrock on 9 gave me fits),then back out 4-5. After watching people breaking everything on lower 2 Sat., a few of us went out upper 2 and along the way I lost my brakes. I didn't get back to the campgrounds after that but I did make it back to my trailer going very slow. Hope to meet up with you guys again! Steve

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Was good meeting you too Titanic. Man that nick fits the Sub!!! ( he has a vanity tag that says Titanic!) it's a beast thats for sure! You go up or down upper 2? I got the rear fender knoccked pretty good comming down. Watched a bud take out a tail light and 1/4 in front of me and had to take off my tail light before I went down to save it LOL. Have to knock the fender back out this weekend. What a weekend! I ache all over from that 3 days of fun. Didn't get off the trail till 6 pm Sunday. We followed a rescue party that went in to save a guy that tore one up on trail 11 and they were hauling in 2 40 inch spares and tierods. Dude spent the night on the mountain (probably the guy who one all that stuff but wasn't there to claim it). Never did see the truck we went around to 3 to the other end of 11 all the way to school bus and came back out and out 5. Man they tore up Rough Water crossing [​IMG] They say the bridges will be started in the next couple weeks.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

5. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

Grim, I went up upper 2 and I know the rock you got into. After watching a few walk up the wall, above the rock, I gave it a go and made it but..... I'll be getting the white paint out again.

6. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Hey, I know the feeling, gotta break out the green paint again and the body hammer and dollie. Did a pretty good job, cant wait to go back and try 2 when its not so darn busy. Sux butt that yer brakes went out. There was a hybrid that camped near us that rolled 2 times coming out of the trials because he had no brakes, he had to put it into the bank to slow it and rolled twice doing it. The cab was really mashed in bad. It was good to meet you and yer buddies Bronco looked awesome with all that rock rash. I would have to cut out the rockers and replace them, then put some rocker panel guards there.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com