Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DIY Lining

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bennevis, Jul 24, 2000.

1. bennevis

bennevis Registered Member

Has anyone used one of the do it yourself linings? What type is good, price range, can you spray any on vs. brush? I am wanting to put it on from the font floor all the way to the tailgate, if anyone has done this, how much time and how many cans of the stuff did it take? Thanks for any and all information.
    Bennevis
    82' K-5

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

My friend used the Herculiner stuff in his YJ and it looked pretty good. It is he roll on kind for about $99....

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I just did my new tailgate and inner fenders this weekend with Herculiner. It's pretty easy to use although it gets really messy if your not careful. The prep isn't bad, just wash everything down, go over it with a scuff pad, clean with xylene (solvent), and then roll it on. The first coat takes about 1-2 hours to set up then you put on the second coat. After the 2nd coat it takes about 6-8 hours before you can walk on it and 4 days to fully cure (rock hard). I did the top surface of my tailgate and the cover plate yesterday and it's already very hard. I hit it with a ratchet fairly hard and it didn't even make a mark. Today I did both sides of my new inner fenders so they shouldn't rust, ever! I bought the gallon kit and it's about half gone now so I'll probably have to buy another 2 quarts to finish the interior with. If your going to do this buy a bag of latex gloves, you'll need them!

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

4. bennevis

bennevis Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I am looking at using duplicolor, has anyone used that?
    Bennevis