Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diy4x B52

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by noahrob, Mar 14, 2006.

1. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Ok,

I already know I run the risk of getting hammered about using "search", but in addition to that, i am going to ask a dumb question (adn I did use search). I am looking at the picture on the DIY4X website and trying to figure out how the heck that bracket works. My assumption is that it replaces the front "L" hanger for the spring eye as well as the body bushing mount bracket...actually it pretty much replaces everything riveted to the frame in that area. Is that correct? What are those little pieces for that come with the kit? And now what I really want to know, does anybody have a picture of this thing mounted?

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Not a problem for asking the question. I had the same questions when I called Kert at DIY4X4. So I ordered a set and plan on a complete writeup posted on this site, which should answer your questions.

But, to get to the brass tacks - yes, it replaces the whole spring hanger/radiator support mount assembly. It has adjustment holes, both in the spring hanger bracket - 4 total, and the complete assembly can be mounted in either of two locations pre-drilled on the bracket.

Again, look for pictures and complete information real soon. I am about to jump into the swap and will get the info posted up soon.

The pieces shown, capture the nuts inside the frame, making the installation easier for one person as well as keep the bolts from pulling through the frame.

3. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Thank you very much for the feedback. So the little tabs etc...just go on the inside of the frame to space out the stress so the whole thing doesn't rip through the frame bolt holes?

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i was thinkin bout these as well for a 52 swap over the summer. cant wait for the writeup!

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Also, the lock nuts are welded to the little tabs.

6. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

b52s

i orderd a custom shackle flip from him and they are siiiick they are very stout i also talked with him about doing some 56 inch brackets he said he was kinda workin on it . i havent talked to him for about a month or so anybody heard anymore ?:eek1: