Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DIY4X-Blazer Bash... The good and the bad

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Oct 5, 2006.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

The bad,

We are cancelling our trip to Moab. Unfortunately we just didn't have enough time to sort out the problems we are having with the full hydraulic steering. We've fried a pump and Orbitol so far and still not having any luck after having replaced both of those. Next year I guess. I damn sure don't want to shortcut it and have problems out there and with no time left to fix it or do any kind of testing at all, shortcutting would be an understatement.

The Good,

Since we won't be gone over the weekend, I hope to be able to get a bunch of orders shipped out ASAP! I know there are a few of you waiting now and I don't like to leave ya hanging so back to work we go! 16 hour days aren't over yet.

Our donation for the Blazer Bash raffle is a Backbone and Wraptor complete. This still stands of course so congrats to who wins it.

I also want to say thank you to all that helped on the Rig over the past few weeks. It won't be forgotten!

Wheel hard, stay safe and have a good time!

Kert Cohoon
    DIY4X

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

One thing to add

I did get to drive my rig yesterday for the first time in 2.5 years! It felt pretty damn good! Tons a torque, lots of flex and even more attitude!

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That sucks Kert. I think you're not alone though...

I could technically have gone to the Bash this year (I have the time off and can find the money) but I would have been doing so on an extensive build with no time to do any shake down and no opportunity to work the bugs out. Moab is about the last place you want to find any dumb problems. I got stung doing that in '03...

Rene

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I'm in the same boat, planned to go and had to cancel at the last minute because of a suspension issue. Luckily Kert your shackle flip-n-switch solved most of my problems.

So there's some good in it. :grin:

5. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

That sucks, but now you can get to work on my stuff.:D I'll phone in an order right now. Maby see you there next year.

16 hour days? Maby it's time for a holiday anyway and just relax.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  6. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats to bad Kurt seeing that badboy on the slickrock would very cool. I'll be making a large order from you after thanksgiving :D

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It was sad to sit in the beast as he backed it outta the shop and threw in the towel. :crazy:

Eh well, with any luck, Kert, Stomper, and I will be down next year. Sorry about that Kert, sure hope that the Knoxville run works out.

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

That sucks Kert, you are one of the hardest working guys I know, you definatly deserved that vactiong and wheeling trip man. Well maybe next year.

Now I can come up some weekend and fix those standard bolts I put metric nuts on:doah: