Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diy4x-Holy crap!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79k20350, Dec 27, 2005.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

So ive got some 49" alcans for the front of my truck and i figured when i throw them in, i might as well do it right the first time. so i needed some custom front spring mounts and i wanted to replace the small upper shackle bushing with a 1.5" one and 9/16" bolt. (so i dont have to worry about cracking the narrow stock size bushing) you can see the blueprints (if you can call them that) that i drew up and sent to kert. i sent them on christmas night and got about 4 replys from him that night as we worked out the details:eek1:. i was shocked. he just got me a quote today. i really dont even want to say it its so cheap. kert really is a stand up guy and i must say anyone who needs any custom part, give kert a call and hell help you out:D

Suspension Components.JPG

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

thats pretty badass!

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Hey ... that looks familiar! There and I thought I had a clever idea all to myself :haha: Ah well.

I did this as part of my front 52" swap. These are 1/2" plate, as it's what I had, and 1.5" ID tubing, along with some 1/4" scrap for the triangles.

I'm sure they're not remotely as well made as Kert's, but I had fun welding them up, and I don't think they'll go anywhere.

-- A

hangers1.jpg

hangers2.jpg

hangers3.jpg

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That guy must be in his shop working all day and night. Look at all the new products he has come out with in just a short time.

5. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

Hey Ive seen that metal before. :D

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Yep. Turns out that the reason your saw could cut it and mine couldn't ... is that I'd just put a new blade on it, and it was too big to fit the piece under. :doah: ... makes me wish I'd kept the old blade. ('Sokay, I've got three more... worst case I'll just have to wear this one down!)

-- A

7. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He's bustin' his hump in the shop and bringing out new parts in the meantime. Rumor has it he's also working on a disc setup for 'Yota rear axles. :whistle:

I also gave him my rims to put a set of his beadlocks on. I've ordered several custom parts from him in the past and he's always come through with exactly what I wanted for an awesome price. :waytogo:

8. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Somebody is in trouble!!!:haha:

Thanks for all the props guys! Always appreciated!

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

normally id do a custom piece myself, i just dont trust my welds on suspension pieces:o

10. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

kert is very good to deal with. had him replace the standard bushings with johnny joints on my flip and switch. i was super pleased with the quality of his fab work. DHL must have been playing soccer with my box, and a shackle plate fell out, and he sent me one the next day.

quality guy with quality products. nuff said.

ryan

11. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I can't say enough good things about Kert. Though he is getting an email from me about this Toyota rumor:confused: As always I have another item down on his order list. I got the rest of my beadlocks in from him this week and they were once again top notch products.:laugh:

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Kert is a one hell of a guy, and he must eat sleep and live at that place I dont know how he does all that he does, one things for sure though any offroad fab stuff I need Im going to him

13. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

:tongue1: It's just a rumor

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeppers, Kert pretty much rocks. I had him make me a set of custom cage floor plates for use in the b-pillar of my roll cage. The floor has an annoying "step down" behind the rear seats that is right in the way... np for Kert tho... little bending... little welding... and viola I have custom floor plates. Can't wait to use them!

I might be interested in a set of these front-spring hangers... might want to change the design just a little bit though. Is this gonna be a standard DIY item now?

j

15. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

I agree!! I sent him an email about changing some mounting on my hydraulic ram and he was emailing me back Christmas Eve. Hell the ram hasnt even gotten here yet and he is trying to figure out how to mount it. From now on if he has it and I need it, He has my money.