Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DIY4X parts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sope, Nov 9, 2006.

1. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

This showed up today. This is the first time I've bought stuff from Kurt. I am very happy. For anyone that doesn't aleready know, DIY4X parts are quality.
    Thanks Kurt

Pic287.JPG

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

looks good, only wish i knew what it was :doah: damn i`m such a noob:doah: :D

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

triangulated shock mounts, and razor diff covers ;)

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Yep, DIY4X's work is top notch. I got front & rear bumpers from him. Outstandling workmanship.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good stuff, I'm lucky enough to only live a couple hours from the shop. Quaility work, and a great guy.

6. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the trianglated shock mounts from Kert also. A bit of a PITA to install, but once all done, it's the bomb!
    I'm getting a friend to weld in the lower shock mounts tomorrow then the shocks go back on (yeah the shocks are still good even after jumping the Blazer) then I can finally go wheeling with some of ya CK5ers.
    Can't believe it took so long to get it done.

Hey Sope, be prepared to pull back your fuel and brake lines to get the upper brackets on. Might have to remove some of those clamps to get those lines flexy enough to pull back. That was the b!tchiest part of the installation.
    Good luck!

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yep, high quality work from Kert for sure. I have his flip n switch kit that he did a little bit of customizing for me on :D in which i still have yet to install :doah:

[​IMG]

8. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ive also got the rear shock mounts without the crossmember cause I built my own. also got a set of shackles for the front. really cheap compared to other companies and they are super beefy. I plan on getting a set of weld on bead locks and maybe a b52. great quality and prices. I wish he would make a doubler kit too.

9. sope

sope 1/2 ton status

I would go with North West Fab. for a doubler kit. They alsop make top quality parts.

10. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yep DIY makes great products. I have the swing away tire carrier and the staked cage floor plates and gussetts and a few other odds and ends. Great customer service, quick shipping, and fair prices. :bow:

11. dvani

dvani Registered Member

I'll second the comments on the bumber with the swing away tire carrier. Can't wait to get 'em back from the powder coater.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  12. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I dont have Kurts shock mount kit (wasnt around when I bought mine), but I do have one from m.o.o. (formerly missouri offroad outfitters). I believe they arent around anymore. Anyways, the hardest part is the fuel and brake lines. The crossmember mounts right where the frame curves up, and where there is the most crap in the way. You may have to trace the lines and unbolt a clamp or two to be able to get the crossmember in there. Once you put it in there, you need to be sure that you insulate the lines, or they will rub the crossmember and eventually wear a hole. I searched and searched for a pic on here of my setup where I used some old rubber air hose line cut down the middle and wrapped around the fuel lines, fastened with zip ties, but I couldnt find it. Anyways, using the rubber line to protect the fuel lines works well for me, and it only took me about an hour to cut the air hose and make sure there was no metal on metal contact.

All in all, it isnt bad. Just be sure to take your time and make sure that the lines are not rubbing anything metal. Nice parts by the way.
    -Harrison

13. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Crap! I wish I would have thought of that. I would have had "General" cut into mine. Darn it anyhow.

I think Kert has some of the best customer service I've experienced. Great products at very reasonable prices.

I was thinking about having my flip n' switch powder coated, and when the powder coat guys were looking at the parts they were commenting on the quality work.

14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You need to get one more part from him. The CK5 fender badges. Then notch a little bit out of a couple of ribs on the razorback covers and weld the CK5 badge into the cover. It look neat and is still beefy.

15. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have not bought anything from DIY4X yet but his customer service so far is top notch. I have emailed him several times and have received knowledgable answers very quickly. He encourages phone calls, where most companies encourage email where nothing gets accomplished.

16. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Thanks for all the praises gentlemen! Definitely appreciated!

DIY4X is teetering on the edge of some very serious growth and expansion! If all goes to plan there will be alot of new stuff coming out the door very soon. All because of your support!

17. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Sweet, keep up the great work Kert.

18. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

actually I plan on building my own doubler. I wheel with a guy in a heep, its really a 1-ton chevy with a custom frame and a j**p body but I still give him crap about it, but he built his own doubler at the shop he works at and said he could get the materials cheap and help me build one so all I would have to by is the main shaft that connects the two transfercases.

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeppers, Kert/DIY is the shizzel. What I like most about DIY is that the shop is small enough that they still have great customer service, but big enough that they have the capability of cranking out cool custom stuff. A sweet-spot of sorts in the 4x4 aftermarket parts world. :)

j

20. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yep kurt is the ****, i get a lot of positive comments on his bumper