Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

diy4x shock inboarding kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wkbrdrob, Jun 22, 2006.

1. wkbrdrob

wkbrdrob Registered Member

So i picked up the kit a few weeks back and I am just now getting around to finishing up the project. But I have one concern. What in the world do I do about all the fuel line running down the inside of my frame rail to my tank??? How can I mount the cross member? Do I have to remove the fuel line or what?:doah:

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You should be able to unbolt the lines from the frame to give you enough clearance to get it up underneath them. Not familiar with Kert's brackets but be careful if you have to drill holes to mount it up.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I did not have to deal with that since I have saddle tanks, but I did need to move the rear hard line for the brakes. Just unbolt it and bend it out of the way.

4. gpnjuice

gpnjuice Registered Member

I just unbolted and bent the fuel line and brake lines around it. I then reused one of the brackets to secure it to the bolt where the two parts bolt together on the inboard kit.

5. tch777

tch777 1/2 ton status

What does this do for a Suburban? What would I gain by adding this kit to my Sub?

6. wkbrdrob

wkbrdrob Registered Member

I did it for a few reasons:

1. I wanted to take the old, low hanging shock mounts off of my new 14B so mounted some new shock mounts, also from DIY4X.

2. DIY4X's inboarding kit gives you A LOT of adjustment in the angle you put the shock at. You could max it to the inside and if it doesn't ride quite right, move the shocks back out until your axles behave's like you want it to and doesn't sacrifice too much ride quality.