Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Diy4x's Truck Specs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Jan 6, 2007.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

I Was Just Wondering On The Lift,tires,etc.on The Black Truck/k5 That Is Modeling The Front Bumper On Their Web Site.also The Front View Is Bada**.what Was Done To The Grill?also,same Specs On The Camo K5,and Could We Get Details In What Was Done To The Top To Shorten It And How Was It(the Lexan Rear Window)made Permanent.i Love The Stance On Both Trucks.thanks For The Info.

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Camo blazer specs,[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]The DIY Rig[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Updated 10-13-2006! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We finally got the DIY4X blazer drivable. I say drivable because, I believe it may never be done. I think we can go wheeling again though. Here are some specs for you.

500 caddy, SM465, 203/205, 14BFF and a HP dana 60. 4.88:1 gears and both ends are spooled. 44"x 18.5" - 16.5 tsl's with our custom beadlocks. The frame is boxed and cage is solid mounted as well as the body and drivetrain. We've removed all the frame flex so we can tune the suspension to do what we want it to do. The suspension is comprised of factory 52" 1/2 ton springs 4+1. A zero rate in the front and a custom drop away shackle in the rear. Driveshafts were built in our shop.

Some of the other custom stuff, Custom headers that exit outside the frame rails through 3" exhaust. 1/2 top with a lexan window. There is also a Lexan window in the floor behind the seats which allows view of the rear axle and a portion of the rear drive shaft. Rear mounted radiator flows through 2" aluminum tubing from the engine all the way back which helps keep things cool. Customized camoflauge interior done by my wife! Thanks babe!

Some other stuff off the top of my head,

Razor back diff covers
    custom Backbone truss system
    Dual red top optimas
    Full hydraulic steering
    Ford 205 amp alternator
    York on board air compressor
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The black short box was a 4" all spring lift. crossover steering. 33's. Pretty moderate. It was a daily driver. The grill was a custom one piece deal. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Everything I can think of was built in house. I'm sure there is more but that is all I can think of right now.

[/FONT]

3. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

thank you!i'd like to see some up close pics of the one piece grill for duplication purposes if possible.on another note,i've been eyeballing your tube doors for nearly 2yrs. it seems.i keep saying "this month i'm buying them".things haven't worked out that way yet,though.but one day,they'll be mine.thanks again.

4. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Id like to see some close up pics of your drop away shackle, if you dont mind kert

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Remember Kert, no cameras allowed in the shop! :p:

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Ah, so very true, I'll have to drive it outside and snap a couple!

I'll see what I can get posted up guys.

7. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

thanks!,again.looking forward to it.