Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dllhost.exe running on windows XP problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Aug 31, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

when i was reinstalling windows XP on my machine there was an error: something about some COM+ component wouldnt install, so i stopepd and deleted the partition and created a nw one and started reinstalling windows XP again and it still gave me the COM+ component error,
    now some program called dllhost.exe keeps running and i tried to find out about it and all i can find out is that its tied to ASP and COM somehow, what ever those are, if i try to end the dllhost.exe process tree in task manager then it will just start right back up and put itself somewhere else in the processes list

what is this COM error when installing WIN XP system ? ive never seen or heardof dllhost before replacingmy OS this last time, i take it that i have either a motherboard or HDD issue ? isnt COM communications of some sort ? but what exactly ?

thanks for anything

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

hey Randy, wrong forum /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

dangit /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

accident

lol.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

no worries, it happens to us all /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I think it makes your keyboard work better /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Pop the winXP cd back in when it pops up hit 'install other windows features' the COM+ is an addon in there.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

will try that, thanks, problem is that even when i go and reinstall windows xp- even after deleting partition and creatign a new one- the COM+ event classes registration error pops up halfway through XP setup at about 29 minutes remaining and just after WIN XP product key entering

i just moved this puter from a routed LAN setup and put it on its own unrouted DSL connection and this is when problems started. worms and such.

i was told that routers are a firewall, i never got worms and such when i was on the router, im gonna add it back on for the puter to run with.

hers the thread in gen. discussion: http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=non4x4&Number=838479&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=1#Post838588

thanks

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I think it makes your keyboard work better /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif