Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dmax- too much torque!!!!!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ben427, Sep 17, 2004.

1. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

whodathunkit.......... i got a new 2005 2500HD 4x4 with a dmax and a 6 speed. Had it for 3 weeks, and ya know, the darn thing ALMOST has too much torque. Its alright on asphalt (powerslides in 3rd like a mutha /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif) but in the dirt, if i take off on a gravelly hill, the darn thing wheelhops like a bassad, even when im off the fuel. Gotta put it in 4WD to get moving. I can live with that. Also in the dirt, the thing has massive wheelop. I am really impressed with the crawlability, ill tell ya, when im done with it, its gonna be a trail rig.

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

you lucky !@#!@#!@#!@#

Congrats on your purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    when im done with it, its gonna be a trail rig.

[/ QUOTE ] YOu're going to turn a brand new 40K truck into a trail rig? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Back on topic...That Dmax only makes 590ft lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    when im done with it, its gonna be a trail rig.

[/ QUOTE ] YOu're going to turn a brand new 40K truck into a trail rig? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Back on topic...That Dmax only makes 590ft lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude a new truck with me is good for about four years, then its ready for garbage bags. Seriously. So at that time, it will be a trail rig, and a damn fine one at that.

Only 590 lb ft????????? last time i checked that better than ANY production gas engine, and it has a wayy better torque curve -ahem- line than the cummins ever will, pulls like hell! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Actually the '05 duramax makes 605 ft/lbs. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup the 05 is over 600 now...can't wait to get mine....someday in October if I'm lucky /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Wait..............I still cant belive you got a HD with a STICK!?!?!?! Thats rare, ive only seen 1!

Yeah ONLY 590?!?!

I cant wait to get one! 13 sec quarters ! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

actually lol, if you look, the allison backed version makes 605, the manual backed ones still make 520.