Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do 4in lifts have a sway bar drop????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 01maroonz71, Apr 29, 2007.

1. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

does it have a drop or does it reach as is.

reason i ask is im trying to figure out what/how much lift my truck has on it already, and today when i removed the sway bar, there was no type of drop at all.

2. Xtremegmc80

Xtremegmc80 1/2 ton status Premium Member

my old 77 gmc i sold a while back, actually traded her for a firebird:doah: i was still a kid tho! had 4 inch heavy duty lift. and it didnt have a drop bracket. and sway bar bolted right on. hope this help.. i know 6 inch u need a drop kit.. but 4 inch i dont think so from my experience..

3. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

My truck was lifted when I got it 4" and it didnt have one. Me and a friend just put a 4" lift on his burb and the swaybar reached fine...but if I have my way that swaybar wont be there for long

4. Element

Element 1/2 ton status

My K5 has a 6" lift and no swaybar drop bracketry. Looks like I need to check around a bit and buy one.

Just a note: never buy anything from rednecks. I can't even count how many rigged things I've had to fix with this truck, and it looks like I just found another one :mad:

Don't mean to whore the thread, but could anyone point me to where one might get a sway bar drop kit? Haven't seen anything like that while browing the vendor sites.

5. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

If you must: http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/scan/fi=products/st=db/co=1/sf=category/se=Miscellaneous/op=eq/nu=0/sf=veh_make/se=GM%20Sway%20Bar%20Drop%20-/op=eq/nu=0/ml=25/tf=category/to=x/tf=veh_make/to=x/tf=description/to=r.html

However, you will find that if you disconnect it, zip tie it up, and drive for a week like that, you really dont notice a difference, thats why most people here just pull them off. One proviso: Its a LIFTED truck, not a CORVETTE! dont dive into corners or take them at unsafe speeds and you'll be fine.

Also, my 4" lift has no drop brackets... or swaybar