Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do 71 front rotors fit 12 bolt?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BobK, Nov 19, 2001.

1. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Trying to get parts together for a rear disk brake conversion.Can I use the same stock front rotors(6 lug) that are on my 71 Blazer for the rear.Can I use another year front rotor for the swap?I'm trying to price parts out useing as many stock replacement parts as possible.I want to see if it's cheaper if I get it part by part or weather to break down a buy one of the kits offered by the various aftermarket companies.Thanks

<font color=green>BobK<font color=green>

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The setup I am using uses modified front rotors. The holes in the rotors are too big for the studs in the rear axle, so you will need to have a new 6-lug pattern drilled into them. Additionally, the back face of the rotor hat is left unmachined (other than for the stud heads), so it needs to be machined to the same thickness as the machined areas for the stud heads (so you can put it over the axle flange).