Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do ford's fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by possum, Jan 19, 2002.

1. possum

possum Registered Member

do ford\'s fit?

will a ford front and/or rear end fit my 78 K5? I'm looking for a 14bolt. FF, SF, I don't mind. Not really sure of the differences yet. I'm just looking for 4.11's or 4.56's and some stronger diffs.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Re: do ford\'s fit?

Front, no, the pumpkin is on the driverside on a Furd. Rear not sure on factory Ford specs but I will say the spring perchs and shock mounts will be different.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

A ford rearend will fit, but you can get a Corporate 14 bolt (FF, or SF) alot cheaper and less hassle. Depending on planned tire size and wheeling type you can choose either the FF or SF. Both will bolt in if you find the right one. 3/4 ton axles will bolt in to a Chevy 1/2 ton. One ton fronts will bolt in too. But rears, you will have to move the spring perches and shock mounts.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

the rare ford 14ff
    good luck

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though