Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do i even need to balance my tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jul 20, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

got my new 39.5 TSLs... they are going to be used off-road ONLY. I don't do desert racing, and doubt I'd ever break 30 mph with these tires on. 35s will get me to/from wheelin spots. At any rate, I keep hearing how much of a headache and pain (co$t wi$e!) it is to balance 38+" tires. Question is... do I even really need to? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Naturally, I want my tires to last a long time... so if they are gonna suffer increased wear at lower speeds 'cause they are unbalanced, I dont wanna go there! At any rate, if they must be balanced, I am leaning towards Equal... anyone know how much a 39.5 would require? thanks in advance,

J

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

**** it.. I wouldn't do it. If they are strickly offroad, you'd be fine. Plus with 39's I don't think you could get a decent balance with them! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I wanna see how your gonna get an extra set of tires to MOAB.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

not a problem... my sister/bro in law are letting me borrow their trailer. I can haul all 5 of my 39.5s... and the 4 38s I am "shipping" to BB in there, its big enough. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J