Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do i have an add a leaf?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pow06er, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

in the summer i plan to get 3" of lift by doing aal and zero rates front and back. and when i bought the k5 i was told it had a helper spring in the back does it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If it does i think ill remove it for a new one

i hope to run 33s on 15x10s with 3"

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

it almost looks like the short one is 2nd from the bottom isn't factory, but its too short to do much "helping"

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i use to work at a spring shop. i dont see one in there. just the primary and the big overload. easy way to tell is the factory stuff is round tips and or thin ends . most add a leafs are square ends and same thickness. p.s. thay make the ride bad in my opinon. we use to take them out and make a true add a leaf with the arch set correctly and thay all loved it.

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

the smallest one above the overload spring is it,second from the bottom. looks just like my old rancho leaves that came with my truck.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

looks like a stock 5 leaf pack to me. and is it just me or are the add a leafs longer to go in where the # 2 or # 3 are .

6. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

maybe so, ive never seen a stock 5 leaf in person. i know most of the aftermarket add a leaves are much shorter than the rest of the leaves....about 16" i'd guess. you can also see that the smallest leaf is somewhat tapered at the end, where as the rest of the springs arent. my rancho add a leaves were tapered.

if the PO said it had an add a leaf, i think its more than likely that smallest leaf, and not a stock 5leaf pack.

7. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have a set of factory 4, 5, and 6 leaf springs. the 5 leaf, the 5th ends just before the spring clamp, the 6th is not to far from that, but still sticks out past the end of the overload.

id take a pic of them, but they are 20 miles away.