Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do i have to break-in my rebuilt TH350?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AFUFO, Mar 14, 2007.

1. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Ok so my TH350 was rebuilt...however, Good friday up in new kent county is april 6th..it wont be on the road by then.. so i cant break it in before the event. Its not legal nor insured.

Im thinking about trailering it up with the rest of my offroad club, but want to know if it will be fine or if it NEEDS a break in period.

The hard parts, gears, and such are fine.. the only thing replaced was clutches, band, gasket..

I can drive it a few miles around my neighborhood a few times but other than that i cant. Im on 35s' with 2.73 gearing so it will be even more stress for it..im thinking of running it around my neighborhood a couple times in low.

Thoughts please?

Trying to find a job so i can pay for membership..went to 13 places today and only Sonic and Farm fresh hire under 18. Im leaning towards being a cook @ sonic drive in.

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

kiss that rebuild goodbye. you might want to consider some better gears.

3. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Yeah looking at either 3.73s or 4.10s, but right now i have 100 bucks. Ill be running it in low on the trail and in my neighborhood..

Im not going to be pedal-happy either, take things nice and slow.

Also, not gonna go through any deep stuff at the event..maybe hub height..just piddle around and get used to the truck since i havent been able to drive it yet. Im not going to be turning 5000 RPM in a 4 foot deep hole.