Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do I need another Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, May 5, 2004.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

While pulling parts for a friends project at a local impound yard we came across a 1976 K-5. Its a good running 400/203 combo according to the owner (of the truck and yard). Interior is mint, nearly flawless and when we popped the hood the engine looks sweet with all the factory vacuum lines and hoses intact in good repair. The body has some rust, normal spots but easily fixed. The front bumper is bent and needs replacement. The truck is complete. The owner told us he was going to part it out. When we asked how much for the entire truck, he told us $800. I think we'll tell him ok if he'll include a new bumper, then we'll drive it away. Our intent would be to fix and paint the body, clean up the truck then sell it. Blazers are always in short supply around here.

Any thoughts? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Do I need another Blazer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone needs a few /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Cleaning it up and selling it would be cool. If it was really rusty you could trail only this one. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good price. I say do it if you think you can make some money off of it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

For that price I'd say jump on it!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Get her, take her home, clean her up, and sell it to someone who will take care of her.

Last thing we need is for people to start taking apart near mint Blazers. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

It is near mint, minus the rust and little ding. Those two things can be fixed up fairly easily. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I just bought my 4th one today. It's a '73 with a bad body (I'm stealing the window frame and topper /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif) a good running V8, not sure what size and a 465 with a 205. I got it for $300 and figured it was a steal since I havent seen more than one K5 older than '79 around here. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Darn rust!!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif