Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do I need Greaseable bushings?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Cavalry, Sep 3, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

Oct 1, 2000
    upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I am not a rock crawler or articulation junkie. I am however looking for a smooth squeak free ride. Is the extra money for the greasable bushings worth it not to hear bushing squeak and will I even feel a differerance?

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    84 K5
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    I noticed an improved ride, better flex (if it matters to you) and no more squeaks. So to me it was worth it.

My old bushings and bolts were seized together so I'm sure the shackles weren't moving much. At least now i know that a bit of grease now and then and i won't ever have that problem. As far as I'm concerned it should have been a factory grease point.

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
  3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    We've heard a lot of good customer feedback about the greasable bushing kits, enough that it's pretty easy to recommend that you use them no matter what you're doing, except if you're trying to sell it right away! How much ride quality change you have depends a little on the age of the suspension, if you have a new suspension with freshly greased bushings, it's not going to be any different, but as it ages, corrodes and seizes up, the greasable setup will retain the original ride.
    One other benefit is that the bushings for the front shackles on the GM trucks are a little small for the job to begin with and the extra lube is nice for extending the bushing life as much as possible.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>