Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do i need new driveshafts??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XHitman396, Mar 4, 2003.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i plan on putting a 6" lift with ORD shackles and their 2" rear springs and their 6" front lift, do i need to get new driveshafts for this? what about the same lift but with 4"?? or the 4" lift plus a 2" body lift?? how much would this cost me?? thanks..

2. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

chances are pretty good that you will either need new shafts or need to get the ones you have modified. I would go for new shafts from high angle. they are prett reasonable, bulletproof and with the members discount even better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I know on my 72, with 4" rear lift I am pushing the limit of my rear drive shaft...

I think the new shafts are reasonable... round $250.00 if I remember right.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I have an 87 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif with 6'' TC EZ-ride front springs with longer shackles and ORD flip with 2'' block in the rear. If you lower your transfer case you will be OKAY, but in reality you will eventually want to step up to a C/V rear driveshaft (I have been using the stock shafts with the lift for more than a year with no problems.) As for the front I used a 1'' driveshaft spacer from superlift and ground down the stops for the C/V. Both of the shafts were long enough, the rear just doesn't like to run at that severe of an angle and the front hit the t-case X-member until I added the spacer.