Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do I need super flex for mud?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Saxwonder84, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Saxwonder84

Saxwonder84 1/2 ton status

Living in Texas I do mostly mud and trail type stuff. I'm just curious if I need all that flex or something a little more firm?

Jacob

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

You don't need a lot of articulation but having a sofer riding suspension helps when you can't see what's under the water/soft top mud. Mud requires speed which means you might hit something large like a stump or log while you're trying to skim across to the other side of the pit. Having a soft suspension will keep your fillings in and your spine from compressing like a ball of play dough. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

IMO I think that it depenes on how you plan on going in to the mud. If you plan on hitting it moving then I would want a fairly firm susp. if you plan on crawling in to it then I think a little flex is good. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm just curious if I need all that flex or something a little more firm?

Jacob

[/ QUOTE ] No, any lift spring will work good for mud, A good firm suspension is almost better because it helps keep the wheels planted and not hopping around in the mud.