Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do I need the spindle nut adapter kit to install Warn hubs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by paveslave, Nov 21, 2003.

1. paveslave

paveslave Registered Member

I have corporate 10 bolts with auto hubs, do I need the adapter kit to install Warns? The footnotes say it's needed for the 3 hole cap, I have a 5 hole cap, all the pics of Warn hubs have 6 screws (I realize on the sites the pics are a lot of times representation of the product). Are the Warn hubs for this application 5 hole? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Not 100% sure but I believe the 3 hole reference is for Ford applications. AFAIK, you can install the new hubs without any special parts.

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

no you don't need the adaptor kit. just what comes in the box with the hubs. the holes don't matter. the bolts in them just go to the inner part of your hub, which gets replaced with the new hubs. once you get the new hubs, and start taking apart your auto ones, you'll see what i'm talking about. hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

4. paveslave

I've already pulled the guts out of the auto hubs. The hubs I'm getting should be internal?? The screws should hold this entire assembly in?? Still /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

you should have taken 2 snap rings off when you pulled the guts out. the snap rings hold the hub inside the wheel hub. the screws hold the dial indicator to the inner guts of the lock-out.

6. paveslave

Thanks for the info! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif