Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do i need those front sway bars????

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by sanddragon2004, Apr 13, 2003.

1. sanddragon2004

sanddragon2004 Registered Member

hey guys bout to do a 6" suspension lift, on my 89 burban, and it has those sway bars that connect to the leaf mount on top of axle up front, do i need those? should i get some brackets to lower the sway bar? any ideas greatly appreciated!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

It's going to be more of a personal preferrence. Some people leave em and just use lowering brackets, some people just take the sway bar off all together and leave it off, some people install sway bar disconnects from ORD in my opinion, its basically gonna be up to you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Mine are still on, if that means anything /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. sanddragon2004

sanddragon2004 Registered Member

ride better with or with out them???

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

that i don't know, i've always had mine in, but you'll get answers on both sides as to the ride...best thing to do is to just try it and see for yourself /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I saw get rid of em. I tow a 17" travel trailer with 6" of lift. My buddy tows a 3000lb car trailer loaded without them & he doesn't have any problem. The normal driving adjustments you make due to the lift is all it takes to get used to no sway bar. If you aren't sure, disconnect it & remove & drive it for a few weeks. I think you'll probably keep it off. Anyway, just my $0.02 worth. (Sorry, no change. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif