Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do i need to lengthen my d-shafts???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 01maroonz71, Apr 25, 2007.

1. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

well, i've looked, but cant' come up with a definate answer. i currently have a 4in lift on my truck, stock rear springs w/ AAL, and 2.5in blocks. im going to add a shackle flip for a full 8in lift, and im gonna run 8in springs w/ a zero rate up front. im going 14FF in the rear(currenlty 10bolt) if that will help with rear length, but can i run the stock driveshaft, or will i have to have them lengthened???? thanks ya'll!!!
    ~Dave

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

With an 8" lift it will most likely be to short. Also with that much lift you might have to go with a CV shaft to handle the angle involved.

Harley

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

shortbed, longbed? that makes a big difference.

you will be fine with longbed, cuz the shackle flip tilts the pinion up so it makes up for length in addition to swapping from 10b to 14b. shortbed you might not be so lucky. just try it and see

4. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

that's what i like to hear man. yeah, it's a longbed, thank goodness. if i need a custom, there's a kickass shop around the corner from me anyways. thanks guys
    ~dave