Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do it yourself powder coating...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Topdown, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I seem to remember a few years ago on Hotrod Tv or some such show, seeing a product or two where you could essentially powder coat (some kind of coating/finish) your parts. spread it on and bake em or some such thing. Anyone else know of or remember what it was? Does it exist? where would a guy find such a miracle product? I mean... its been hours since I have really pissed off my wife, I am having withdrawls. (Yes guys, she is reading this as I type it, laughing - I think because she knows its true)

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. wheelin_willy

wheelin_willy Registered Member

harbor freight sells a powder coat kit. harborfreight.com i think

3. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

Eastwood sells some powdercoating supplies /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Eastwood sells a DIY powder coat kit. You need an ELECTRIC Oven Just for doing that however. The toxic fumes from curing the powder coat getting into your next meal may help your wife get even with you... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Well... after dragging her around the other weekend, getting the engine block from you and then going to the swap meet, I would be willing to bet she has her eyes open. But c'mon... how many wives are cool enough to go on a parts hunt with thier apparently deranged husband? Those are the ones you keep! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

It says in the directions to use an old oven not in use anymore. I'm lucky I have a powder coating place up the street I haven't used them yet but I stopped in and prices seem cheap. My wife will go parts hunting she knows that if I get something I want I will say yes to the new ring she saw.