Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do members still get discounts at 4WPW??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Mar 1, 2002.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Do we?, i need to order an install kit for the 14 and some hubs and could use the discount---if they dont who has some good prices?

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

83 Chevy, 350, sm465, lincoln locked14ff, dana 60,lock-right 4.56's, (flatbed,and 39.5" TSL's)

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I was wondering the same thing. I don't see the banners any more so I didn't know. (I might not be paying attention and just miss them though.) Also, what is the discount? Thanks

Harley

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas. <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo73>My K5</a>

3. SCOOBYDANNN

it was either 10 or 15%

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

83 Chevy, 350, sm465, lincoln locked14ff, dana 60,lock-right 4.56's, (flatbed,and 39.5" TSL's)

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

10% off of items already marked up 150%.

J/K

91 Blazer and Toys

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The thing is, if you go to the join CK5 page, there is no mention of 4WPW on there any more.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas. <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo73>My K5</a>

6. 2Dogs

Hmmmmm.

I think if it was on purpose that Steve would have said something. But maybe he didn't want to potentially 'bash' them. They have had it rough on this site!

PM Steve.

Or if you only need the discount just tell 4WPW that you want 10% off. Most companies will give you discounts if you say you are part of anything - 'Er, um, I am a member of the three-toed-tree-sloth friends of nature society blah blah blah'
    They will give you the discount just to get you OUT! LOL

Dave

Rehab is for quitters.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Daves-Pics>91 Blazer and Toys</a>

7. SCOOBYDANNN

Directly from the man himself

Received: 03/01/02 09:17 PM
    You can try, I took them off becuase they were such a pain in the ass, they offer 10 percent off unadvertised stuff all the time anyway.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

well, they may mark stuff up 150%... but if they do, then all my other local 4x4 shops mark their stuff up 175%. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I am not a big fan of 4wpw customer service, but if you have the part numbers for the stuff you want, then they arent a bad place to go to pick stuff up. They also give me NO trouble when it comes to matching prices. Lots of times I'll just mention "yeah, Jegs sells that for $15 less" and presto, you get a matched price, they dont even look the stuff up or anything. Anyway, they have their pluses and minuses... I havent found their prices to be among the later...

J

9. 2Dogs

Yeah, they are not too bad. You just need to be an educated buyer.

I purchased my XD9000i from them for $800 - sometimes they have good pricing.

10. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

tips to shopping at 4 wheel parts. I have gotten some great buys from them, BUT I shop hard their competition, no exactly what I want and when they flash me a price I have my ammo with me and they usually stomp it either with free shipping or better pricing. You have to be prepared when you call or go in with other better or serious part prices. Now I do not need to use them anymore as I am in the auto/truck parts trade and get everything at a good deal. And If I do not carry or cannot get it I have people I do business with that honor business to business pricing. I have heard some horror stories there and I have heard some good things to. I limit my exposure by getting in and getting out fast by having what I want part numbers and such ready otherwise you get run the risk of being loaded up or being sold the wrong part.