Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do Not Buy Spectre Chrome Crap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, Apr 25, 2006.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

almost everything i bought frome the spectre isle at auto zone has failed. the valve covers rubbed on one of my rockers and caused it to break i could actually see the side of the valve cover pulsating because the rocker arm was rubbing it that hard, the valve cover wing studs ya know the kind that have the wings that spline on, come loose very easly and the wings splines strip easly, breather barely fits with the rubber o rings they sell. i think its the distributor clamp that causes my distributor too leak. i just put a new gasket on it and tightend it down and it still leaks and it barely fits with the intake and looks like its pushing the distributor over instead of holding it down. the header bolts with the allen head tool didnt hold up and stripped the allen key out. vaccuum plugs dont hold up long,glass fuel filter sux, the stupid air cleaner screw exstensions that allow u to put bigger air cleaners on your carb loosin up and the little finger nuts that help tighten the extensions can loosen and fall into the motor through the carb. thermastat houseing sux, i think the only things i got from them that hasnt failed is the fuel pump backing plate, the bolt spreaders for the valve covers, heater hose fitting and pipe plugs.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Perhaps the cause of the phrase "chrome won't get you home"? :)

3. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

:haha: i like that :D

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

after the first few times something happened i wouldnt have kept getting it....

5. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Spend a little more, go for the Mr. Gasket stuff. Much better.