Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Storm Trooper, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I'm not one to bad mouth a company and I have given them more than enough chances to correct the problem but enough is enough! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    National Parts also called International Parts in the yellow pages (800-825-3121) or www.ezfindparts.com are somepeople you DO NOT want to use. And now the story:
    Back about two weeks before Easter/EJS, I was trying to locate a D60 so I could get the Trooper converted to one ton. I called these guys and they said that they had one and that the last one they sent out, the guy that got it actually called them back because it looked like new. He said the company that they got them through back east, went through them, cleaned, inspected and painted them up nice.
    The price was right with shipping so I ordered it. I told the guy that I need it within the week or I wouldn't order it. He said it would be "No Problem". I waited for it to come in knowing I was running out of time.
    When the truck showed up and the driver showed it too me and my friends, we couldn't belive what they had sent. Keep in mind that it was to be complete, hub to hub including the spring plates.
    The thing was a peice of crap! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif. It had no hubs, rotors or spring plates and the backing plates had rusted off! Even the truck driver said "HOW MUCH?"
    I called them right from the truck and the sales man agreeed that I should refuse it and send it back, which I did. He told me he would start looking for another one.
    When I called him back, not only didn't he find one but he told me that he couldn't give me credit on it until it returned! Needless to say, there time had ran out and I had to find one somewhere else. I ended up buying a sweet set from ORD and got the job done in time. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    The problem is that even after all this time, I have still not got all my money back. They still owe me over $300.00 and I'm pissed! I have already contacted my credit card co. but they aren't doing much. I'm at the point where I'm going to report them for interstate credit card fraud.
    Anyway, sorry for being so long with this but I just don't want to see any of you get burnt by them also.
    No matter how great they say it is, DON"T BELIVE THEM!
    If you have any great ideas on how to get back at them then let me know. Thanks, Dave
    You might also like to hear that I will be coping this post I put up to our over 5,000 members and e-mailing it to them.

2. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

That sucks Dave, it's getting harder & harder to find decent service any more. I hope you win the battle and get your $300
    back.

3. Storm Trooper

Thanks TJ,
    The lastest update....
    It seems that acording to the Florida BBB, National parts/ezfindparts.com use to be international parts that on Oct. 15, 2001 filed chapter 7 bankruptcy. The BBB had 470 complaints against them so they restarted the company under the name National Parts and ezfindparts.com. You can read about it here> BBB Report
    Anyway, I just wanted to warn everyone and I will update you as I find out more. I will also be contacting the Colorado Attorney Generals Office to report them for interstate credit card fraud and the Yellow pages for carrying a company like this in there phone book.
    The real fun has only just began. Watch out for the Storm!

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

you can also take them to small claims court.its like a hundred dollar fee but you can make them pay for that also if you win.

5. Storm Trooper

ttt, sorry guys & gals but I'm going to keep this near the top so everyone will read it. Must pay them back /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    Don't want anyone else getting burnt.

6. Storm Trooper

Just me again. Looks like most have read this but just in case. ttt /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

7. Storm Trooper

Here is the lastest.
    I just recieved a letter from the BBB with there response.
    It goes like this:
    1st lie....
    The parts we shipped are to be the correct part in good working order. <font color="blue">NOT! Does good working order include no rotors, rusted/missing backing plates, no hubs or lock-outs, no calipers, no spring plates? </font color>
    We also clearly state in writing to the customer that the warranty is parts replacement only. We never warranty appearance on mechical parts since we have no control on how they will look. We certainly do not tell a customer that a part would be cleaned and painted. The front axle that was ordered would have been from backing plate to backing plate only.
    <font color="blue">BS! How can you warranty parts that don't even come complete? Why would they tell you how clean and inspected they are when they don't even work? How can you state that it is complete from lock-out to lock-out and then say that! and finally, complete from backing to backing when one isn't there and the other is rusted almost completely off? </font color>.
    They then said that they informed me that the vendor agreed to send me the missing parts <font color="blue">I was never offered this option. </font color>
    They then went on to say that I refused to let them find another part and refused to accept the part. <font color="blue"> I had originaly stated to them before ordering the part that I was on a limited time frame to get this work done and they advised me that it would be NO problem. I refused the part upon arrival after looking at it and on the advice of there salesman who said that he couldn't belive they sent it that way and would never use them again. </font color>RIGHT!
    They said that they told me they would refund my money less shipping and handling fees <font color="blue">Not! they said they would get me a full refund because of the problem. </font color>.
    They then went on to say that I had made other arrangements to repair my truck and was only using the appearance as a way to avoid the cost of shipping. <font color="blue">More BS, Why would I make other arrangements to spend more money on a axle then it would have cost me to buy it though them? If they would have provided what they said they would, none of this would have happened. The vendor they sent it from had even called me (I wish I would have writen his name down) and said that he had told them that it wasn't complete before they even sent it and was also pissed that they were returning it. </font color>
    There final coment is that I have become contentious and have posted a notice on the internet that could be considered libelous. <font color="blue"> Yes I am pissed, who wouldn't be. As for libelous, I stated in the very begining of this that I do not bad mouth anyone unless they bring it upon themselfs and only consider this a warning to other consumers of there false representation of the products they sell. If warning my friends of companies like this is libelous, Then I'm guilty. </font color> Once again, I had every intention of buying a good quality part for a fair price and had only wished they had sent it. I also only wanted my money back and if they had taken care of me as they should have, I would not have resorted to this.

<font color="blue"> Thank you for reading this dam long letter.
    Sorry but I need to vent now that I will more than likely be out $330 </font color> /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

8. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Sounds like they have no intrest in helping you out there.
    I really hate hearing stories of how the small guy always gets screwd!!!

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, you can be sure they will never get any business from me. Good luck...

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What did the Credit Card Company say?

11. Storm Trooper

Sorry to tear open a old wound but the BBB is dropping this case because they can't get a response from National parts.
    I still have not got my money back and will still fight them /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif .
    Since there is so many new members and people checking out this board, I had to bring this back to the top /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    I guess my next move will be court. I could use a trip to Florida again. Never had any luck with the credit card companies. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Anyway, pass the word that this is <font color="red"> NOT </font color> a company to use. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Try the Consumer Protection Agency. The BBB doesn't do jack [censored]. I went through them with CarMax and they didn't do anything. The Consumer Protection Agency helped me out. In the end, the threat of a lawsuit was the only thing that got me my money back.

13. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

You can bet that I will never use this company. I read it hear, "It's getting harder and harder to find good service these days!" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Sorry about your troubles. It'll come back around, don't worry. Just hang in there and keep us posted. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Storm Trooper

Good call! I had forgot about them. I will do what I can to stop them from ripping us off. I really did try to be nice and work this out but they wouldn't work with me so the battle rages on. The $350 would have been cheap and kept it all in good faith. If I take them to court, I will seek plane fair, accomidations, meals, car rental, lost wages and everything else it costs be to go to Florida and file everything. What a PITA ! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Maybe we could all call them and ask for a D60 on the same day. Jamb there phone lines and then tell them.....Oh, wait a minute ... no thanks, I heard you guys don't send out complete stuff and say "too bad" guess you loose. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I heard you guys don't send out complete stuff and say "too bad" guess you loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate dealing with "loose" companies... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I agree try the CPA. They will help. The BBB is weak at best at times. When I had an issue with a shop here CPA went after them and got my moms money back. BBB basically blew us off...

16. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The BBB is weak at best at times. When I had an issue with a shop here CPA went after them and got my moms money back. BBB basically blew us off...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, the BB Bureau didn't do jack for me either,seems more like they are working for the businesses rather than the consumers. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

If you go to small claims court it would not have to be in there state as the sale was over the phone and you were have it sent to your home. YOu could get judgment in your home town and then file alien on there bank.

18. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Just go put a lein against their property. Then if they ever try and seel they have to pay you inorder to clear their title.

I agree with filing the law suit in your town. Let them have the PITA of have to travel to show up. Then if they don't then you should win by default. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You see how much they want for a 10 bolt??? Some up to $1,100!!!

20. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

i like your i dea of posting there phone nu so we can all call em and let em know what assholes they are
    and were s the F*@$#% unibomer when ya really need him
    yea also post on pirate4x4 site and look for class action lets see if ya can get em to go under again
    SNAKES mabe we have blazer fest in there front lawn this year
    and contact the local D.A. in thre state to press criminal fraud charges against em let the state kick there ass around a while to /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    just my &gt;02 worth