Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do older trucks exist in Tennessee?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 21, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My friend is stationed in Tennessee. He called me this morning asking about car opinions. I mentioned for him to look for any cheap 1-ton 4x4 Chevy's for me, in case he spotted one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But, he said the oldest rig he has seen since he's been there was a Blazer newer than my newest '84 K5, and they wanted $7,000 for it. Other than that, he says he hasn't seen any older Chevy's.

Is this true, or is he just in a backwords town?

2. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

Thats cause they are all being used to get back and forth from the still, and haul the sugar. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I just hauled a '67 Pontiac from KY to OR last fall. There are alot of old cars/trucks out there and they hold up better in the south than the midwest as well but nothing like the desert states (rust free).

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

He can't be in a backwards town, because that is where you'd find all the old trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Good luck finding one cheap!! You'll probably see lots of old box Chevy's and earlier around there. The problem is they are still in high demand there, so the prices aren't likely to come down as much as other parts of the country. Not to mention, lots of them are still on the road and being used regularly.

My guess is he's probably in Clarksville, right? Too many military people in that location and it produces a different vehicle pool than if you were to go to a small farming community. Tell him to get out and ride around, just don't think he's going to find one cheap enough to ship back to WA.

6. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I dont know in N. Georgia there every were

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yep different vehicle pool, i live in a retirement town area and there aint crap for old stuff anymore, plus rust murdred them all long time ago, old ppl dont like ot have old rusty junky looking stuff around so around here its hard to find anything lder than early 80s, and plus are a billion ppl that scrap metal and haul anything they can get cheap or free to scrapyard, so nothing old can win around here except old ppl

just depends on where you are,

8. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i already bought all the older trucks he is looking for.

seriously there are plenty around here.

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

How about local classified ads? Are there many used vehicle classified in the area? I told him to find some local ads, but he claims there are none.

He says the only place he can find used vehicles is by going to "lemon lots". I recommended him searching for something from a private party.

There have to be those free classified papers at gas stations and such.