Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do one ton vans come with a th400 trannie?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Jan 2, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

guy i work with has a 79 one ton van with a sb400 in it for sale and is not sure what trannie it has. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. what trannie should it have?

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    If it's a one ton it should have a TH400 but because it's a small block it could have a 350. I have 5 furd 460 one ton 4WD vans so I'm not sure on the Chevy's. I just heard that Chevy is coming out with a factory all wheel drive 3/4 ton van. I'm waiting for the one tons. It cost me $9,500 to convert my "96" to 4WD the last time. Be carefull though, some of the pathfinder conversions where crap. The biggest thing is going through front end parts. Some of the shock mountings were a joke. Here is a site to check out Pathfinder 4wd vans

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i'd love a 4wd van for work. i've seen a few home made conversions on older chevy vans but nothing real clean. can the conversion be done without lifting the van?

4. Storm Trooper

No, but it doesn't need to make your nose bleed either.
    My 96 looks almost stock height but it is really lifted about 4" to fit everything. 4 of mine are work trucks and one is for pulling my truck and sleds. It is a 89 one ton 460 with 4 captains chairs, two stereos, color tv, 6 disc changer, vcr and so on. Don't jump the gun on the one you see, there are others out there and they never get out what they are worth. Give Advanced 4WD in Salt Lake a call and talk to Randy. He may have a line on some Kick butt ones.
    BTW, how much does he want? I paid 5K for the 89. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

the one i'm looking at is 2wd. my main interest in it is the sb400. but was hoping it had a th400 too.

6. Storm Trooper

Sorry, guess I have 4WD on the brain. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Hope it does too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sorry for the hi-jack, but I've got an 85 C10 pickup with a V6 and a 400. I've been meaning to pull it and see what it'll do. Is there a difference between the V6 and V8 version?