Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Do they make any high capacity gas tanks for k5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Jun 27, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I want a gas tank that would hold probaly 65 gallons..I am not crazy and no I am not planning on going on any police chases. I get gas cheaper from my dads pump on his work truck than I can get trying to drive to colorado

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

2. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

Northwest Metal Products makes a 43 gallon. I put one in a while back and it was a good move.

NWMP Forest Frove OR 97116 tel 503-359-4427

SteveB

3. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I have showed Northwest Metal Products my saddle tanks (14gallons each) they said that they would not stamp them with their name but would build them for 400 each. However they would want to see one of my tanks and would need the floor dimensions on your rig mine is a '77 with a lifted floor in the back.
    My Blazer is for sale for 1600 firm to anyone in this group with little rust, new tires and saddle tanks. working cruise FYI
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Try http://www.aerotanks.com they make a 40 gallon tank for a blazer, but they might be able to custom make one for you.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

5. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

I made (1/8 sheet) saddle tanks which hold 17 gal each. PIA to make and mount. The NWMP tank is aluminized inside. The last Aero tank I saw had rust inside and the guy was taking it off because of the rust. Maybe they (Aero) are better now... I dunno.

SteveB