Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

do u keep her up with snoring?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, May 8, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

anyone else out there keep their gf/wife (or, for the ladies out there, ur bf/hubby) awake with their snoring? Thanks to years in the Marines I have to ability to lay down and fall completely asleep in just a minute or two... my gf, like most peeps, lays there for a while b4 snoozing. Well, with my snoring she cant get to sleep. I am, supposedly, a REALLY loud snorer and I can snore in pretty much any sleeping position (side, back, on my face you name it) so its like there is no escape. lol! any1 else have this problem?

j

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

my wife sounds like a fawktard freight train ALL night long.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Yep. That's why I applaud myself on winning the race to blissful slumber. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I snored REALLY loud.....

So I went to a sleep study referred by my Doc...

Found out I hold my breath while I sleep....called Sleep Apnea..

I hold my breath for 30-40 seconds Every 2 Minutes....so I breathe, hold it, wake up, breathe, hold it, etc. All night long...

So now I have a CPAP machine that I wear...sorta like a nose cone deal hooked to a low pressure pump that feeds 8.7lbs of pressure (everyone is different pressure)...and it keeps my airway open while I sleep....

I didn't realize why I seemed to be tired a lot even tho I spent 9-10 hours in bed sometimes....Now I sleep like a Baby and wake up Very rested....Best thing I ever did for myself..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Fully covered by Insurance also.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

i snore so loud i wake myself up /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

dave

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Sleep apnea is VERY common- one quick way to know if you have it-

if you snore with a rhythmic (how the heck do you spell that) pattern- same tones etc... thats snoring..

If you snore....snore...and then have a LOUD snore- snort type thing- enough to almost wake yourself up - thats APNEA.

My 5 year old was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea when she was 2...luckily for us it was caused by very large tonsils and adanoids. When she was sleeping- they would "lax" and block her airway enough that she'd stop breathing.

Before she went to her pediatric ENT, we had to tape record her for 1 hour. She had spells where she would not breath for almost 45 seconds.

A lot of children with Apnea a T/A will relieve all symptoms. with adults the CPAP machine fixes it.

I wish I could get John to get the damn machine- he's like a freight train- and he does have apnea- I've taped him too!

Sleep apnea is NOT holding your breath...your body physically does NOT breath.....

Brandy

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I chase my wife into the spare bedroom at least a few times a month with my snoring. Luckily for her she usually falls asleep before me, it's those nights when I get to sleep first that I chase her off. </font>

8. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sleep apnea is NOT holding your breath...your body physically does NOT breath.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I know all that...and it's actually a little more complex than that....Just tryin' to keep it simple...

Sleep Doc told me that he only does surgery on about 1 in 2500, and of that small number, about 80% require CPAP or some other treatment within a couple years...

I hope you can get yer hubby to try it...I was Amazed at the difference....kinda a pita to do the study, but Well worth it...

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Do I keep her up with my snoring?

OH...HELL...YEAH!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

my snoring is so bad when we camp my g/f sleeps in the p/u and i get the tent. last year i bought a motor home we'll see how it goes .If we are in a hotel she will sleep in the tub with the door shut and fan on sometimes thats not enough /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif i sleep like a baby though /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

No problem any more... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The cure??????????????

Seperate bedrooms /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I had a boyfriend once that would snore so loud I swear the windows were rattling (I wonder if that quart of whiskey every night had something to do with it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ) One night, I was soooo tired and he was sawin' logs like nobody's business, I tried to pull him on his side, I tried to wake him up and nothing was working. Finally, I got so frustrated, I grabbed one of his dirty socks from the hamper and stuck it in his mouth /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif It didn't wake him up for quite some time, but I found it immensly satifying to sit there and watch him suck on his dirty sock /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I had a boyfriend once that would snore so loud I swear the windows were rattling (I wonder if that quart of whiskey every night had something to do with it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ) One night, I was soooo tired and he was sawin' logs like nobody's business, I tried to pull him on his side, I tried to wake him up and nothing was working. Finally, I got so frustrated, I grabbed one of his dirty socks from the hamper and stuck it in his mouth /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif It didn't wake him up for quite some time, but I found it immensly satifying to sit there and watch him suck on his dirty sock /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Let that be a lesson to anyone that has ever had any interest in Cheryle. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif</font>

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Try those "Breathe Rite" nasal strips They help quiet down snoring quite a bit.

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Try those "Breathe Rite" nasal strips They help quiet down snoring quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have, and no they don't work. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I talked the wife into trying those when she was prego and when she put it on I laughed so hard I fell outta bed..Neadless to say it took me about 20 minutes to talk her back into putting it on again...They didn't work for her either but gawd damn was it funny..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif